Unlimited

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
LokiLeader
Elit3Fla5h
6 posters

Dwarf Fortress!

Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Dwarf Fortress! - Page 3 Empty Re: Dwarf Fortress!

Post by Raxistaicho Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:19 am

you can't make buckets out of anything but wood in dwarf fortress?

Post by Guest Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:02 am

Dwarfs are VERY narrow minded
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Dwarfs: Can colonize hell. Uncreative when it comes to buckets.
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:53 pm

http://lparchive.org/Dwarf-Fortress-Headshoots/Update%2021/6-39_dehydrationsaitorr.png

I think the best part is that the Dwarf somehow got into a situation where he was more bothered by the lack of a container to store the water, than a lack of water itself.
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:16 pm

Today I've decided to get Dwarf Fortress Smile

Does anybody have any advice so I don't run have "fun" TOO sun? :p

Post by Guest Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:54 pm

Dont dig too deep
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:26 pm

Blegh, i know about Hell XD

Post by Guest Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:34 am

Get the "Lazy Newb Pack"

Its a nice little tool to help you set up games... Make sure you set the tile set to something playable... the default ascii is a bit rough.
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:03 pm

So I set out! I began digging a hole into the mountain, but then I accidentally channeled a flow of water in front of my mountain. So yeah.

I have a feeling this is going to be fun.
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:08 pm

For some reason my walls are red in some areas. Why is that?
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:41 pm

hmm, can't find any iron ore, nor can I seem to make a wood furnace.

And there's no animals o_e

they all poofed

How'm I supposed to get leather now? D:

The Gobbies are gonna knock me over like bowling pins
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:22 pm

I'm up to winter of my first year, and things are largely proceeding smoothly. My fisherdwarf refuses to fish for some reason, but I've got 200 barrels of food set aside, so I'm okay there. I'm concerned about my seeds though; I've actually run out of Plump Helmet seed, but I have some already planted, so I've cut all food production and focused on booze making so I can get seeds instead of burning them.

One of my dwarves died, sadly; one of my miners was channeling and managed to die in what was probably ankle-deep water... The dwarves took a long time to haul off a donkey's corpse (which starved to death. I guess nobody was feeding it or something) so it miasma'ed the fortress for a few days.

I've got my Mason churning out stone statues so I'll have some things to trade the next time some traders arrive. He's made a few masterpieces, so I'm confident in his ability.

Somehow I've managed to avoid having any major catastrophes so far, so I'm a bit proud of myself. To be fair, I was reading guides so I knew how to make things and wasn't totally stumbling around in the dark.
    BiscuitMann
    BiscuitMann

Post by BiscuitMann Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:31 pm

I started a new adventure, and on the 5th day all of my livestock walked into the river and were just devoured by eels and Otter beast men.....I got the feeling that the game just hated my spawn. Then, six days after that the Otter beast men walked out of the river and murdered my dwarves..........I literally looked away and then turned back and all my dwarves were dead. WTF!!
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Those are some hardcore otters o_e
    BiscuitMann
    BiscuitMann

Post by BiscuitMann Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:35 pm

It wasn't that they were tough but it was more the fact that there were nine of them, and the kept killing my dwarves as they came out from the mines.
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:08 am

I had my first Strange Mood today! One of my dwarves happily took over the Craftdwarf shop and is now milling around the fortress, stealing all the wood he can get his hands on.

I hope whatever he makes is good.

Edit: He made an Alder Scepter. I guess that's nice.
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:51 am

Okay, one of my dwarves lost an arm, and my other dwarves are happily ignoring the miasma it's making. I have refuse stockpiles, but nobody bothers to take care of it. What's going on?

Edit: Well luckily, the arm fucking rotted, so I guess I don't have to worry about it anymore.

I learned today I valuable lesson about slopes. I dug into an exposed area in the cliff, and found it there's a slope leading into it, which means I basically opened up a back door to my fortress, though which gobbies have snuck in to steal things twice, and snatch two babies. I'm less concerned about the babies; they were stealing my booze from my working dwarfs.

In response I began the construction of a lot of walls. The masons will be busy for a while.

Edit again: I found out you can just REMOVE slopes, silly me. So now that's fixed. Everything's going smoothly, got a nice inflow of iron and gems now. I'm starting to wonder when Fun will begin.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Raxistaicho wrote:One of my dwarves died, sadly; one of my miners was channeling and managed to die in what was probably ankle-deep water... The dwarves took a long time to haul off a donkey's corpse (which starved to death. I guess nobody was feeding it or something) so it miasma'ed the fortress for a few days.
    LoL
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:47 pm

One of my Axedwarves died taking on a goblin thief. I guess my military needs more training.

Question; if I set my military's uniforms to metal armor and posses said armor, do I need to manually get each of them equipped properly or will they do that on their own?

Post by Guest Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:39 pm

They *SHOULD* do it on their own
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:49 am

The most fucking bizarre and stupid thing ever happened. Two dwarves decided to sleep IN THE FUCKING RIVER ONE DAY, despite having perfectly good rooms. I'm not saying on the surface and floating along, they nestled into a bizarre dry path a z-level beneath the surface.

Then winter hit. THE FUCKING RIVER FROZE AND TRAPPED THEM. Good fucking riddance.

Edit: I managed to get them to dig out. In other news, one of my bedridden ex-military dwarves with only 1 leg gave birth to a baby. The baby promptly died of thirst. The good news is that at least the dwarf probably won't be able to do much damage when she goes insane, being largely confined to a bed and all.
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:25 pm

The Fortress suffered its first raid today. Four goblins came to ruin use, but I quickly mobilized the military. Three of the goblins fell to my proud dwarves; the last fled for the hills. Alas, one of my hammerdwarves was badly wounded in the fighting. I had him relieved from duty so that he could rest and recover, or perhaps spend his last days in what comfort he can get.

Edit: Seems he might live. He was bleeding from the head and chest, and his fucking upper spine was broken, but that didn't stop him from mining the moment he was relieved from duty. I promptly took away his labors XD
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:59 pm

After going through the Fortress' stocks, it came to my attention that we were sitting on about 150 wild strawberry seeds and 250 plump helmet spawns. I immediately ordered more farmland to be prepared, and then began to keep a closer eye on the farmers. It turns out most of the "farmers" that probably got booted from the Mountainhomes couldn't even be bothered to plant a seed. I quickly corrected the issue; the Fortress will need more booze!
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:20 pm

Well sadly, my first fortress died today in a pretty lame way. A Goblin Seige arrived, and I discovered too late that about 80% of them were archers. My military got pretty much torn up charging up a hill to reach them.

Lame, It wasn't even something fun like a tantrum spiral D:

Post by Guest Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:42 pm

Tantrum spirals are the worst...

You are using Dwarf Therapist right?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 6:58 pm