Unlimited

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
LokiLeader
Elit3Fla5h
6 posters

Dwarf Fortress!

Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Dwarf Fortress! - Page 5 Empty Re: Dwarf Fortress!

Post by Raxistaicho Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:34 am

Okay, the Titan's dead, but uhh... I discovered the Titan could shoot FLAMING WEBS, so I lost 2 dwarves and now most of the surface looks like Mordor, except that all the trees and plants miraculously survived, as did my farmland, so...

That was amusing :p
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:24 am

Had another Goblin Seige today. They ran into a human caravan that hadn't quite left yet, and fled at the first sign of the guards.

The end Very Happy
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:57 pm

Winter's pretty dull this year. That faux-seige caused me to miss the dwarven caravan this year, so there's not much to do but spam the farms. We ran out of unprepared meat and fish, but we've got 2800 or so prepared meals set aside anyways, so we've probably got enough food backed up for to endure a year or so.

The masons ran out of work, and I ran out of good ideas to KEEP them working, so I just had them start engraving the entire bedroom area. That aughta keep them occupied for a month or two, and it'll keep my dwarves happier once it's done. And it'll grind some engraving talent among a few of them for when I get pickier nobles to please.

Moving everything down into the stone layers is finished, so I began a project to locate some flux stone and coal. I've got at least 4 or 5 sedimentary z-layers to look through, but no luck yet. Just a lot of claystone, shale and magentite. Once we've gotten results there I'm going to continue my epic search for underground water. Once I've accomplished that I can move on to bigger and cooler projects.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:55 pm

I believe it is time for you to install a drowning chamber.

The regal drowning chamber has many uses: 
    -Throw captured baddies in it!
    -Throw captured dwarf citizens into it!
    -Put ur Trade depot in it for free supplies! 
    -Did your dwarf tailor just get possessed and make an adamantium Floor Grate? Throw him AND his family in there!
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:05 pm

Really, I want Flux stone so I can start alloying steel. There's no sign of Adamantium yet and I'll probably be a massive coward when it comes to mining the stuff XD
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:59 am

My fucking Mayor decides he wants a fine pewter cabinet.

Where the fuck does he expect me to find Tin? >:/

I think I'm going to set him up an office up topside, so that he can initiate diplomacy with the goblins. Perhaps he can lead us to an era of peace with our vile neighbors.

Well, good news. I was looking through our stocks and discovered I already have a few bars of fine pewter. I have no right idea when I got it (I probably grabbed it at random among a trade caravan) but I sure as hell ain't complaining.
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:49 pm

Despite that only Rockem and Loki are really the only ones that might provide a substantial response (given that they have actually done things with this game), know that I read every one of these posts. Each of them are slightly funny.
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:33 pm

Spring finally came. An ambush of goblin archers came a month ago, and I made the mistake of sending the military after them rather than let them harmless tramp over my traps. Three dwarves were rendered bedridden, and since I've still yet to find an underground water source they were doomed.

The arrival of some migrant helped to lift some of the pall that we've been under. Luckily, it turned out enough of them were good enough melee dwarves to replace the gaps in the military. I'm setting the rest to work in the mines or farms. I need to find some flux stone and underground water.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:08 pm

Fall Year 3:
    So i've just put to death my 5th Caravan(3 dwarven, 2 elf) I have more pieces of useless wood armour and Cloth bins then i know what to do with. Honey industry going swimmingly. Creation of my above ground lake is underway(just starting to fill up). Im in a desert so this is kinda a big deal. i had to channel down to find an underground watter sourse and build 10 windmills to power my 30 level(a lvl is like 10ft or so) Water pump mechanisms. I do so spoil my dorfs. I still lack wood but it's understandable beeing in a desert void of trees and plant life.
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:23 pm

How do you make beds?

Post by Guest Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:34 pm

Well Caravans bring like 20ish pieces of wood every trip... They've been turned into half'n half beds and bins.

i have a dorm of 10 beds and only like 10 bedrooms

Side note: I had a controlled Chick-splosion 2 years ago... i now have 86 full grown turkies(fuck i cant spell) as backup provisions... lol

Post by Guest Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:44 pm

Its funny... due to lack of cages they all have been assigned to a rather small room for 80 some of them... so whenever someone enters the room Waves upon waves of bird flock all over my fortress... Zerg Turkey rush lol
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:42 am

Aww, crap, now my mayor wants a Fine Pewter Armor Stand! What the hell is up with this guy and pewter!?

Edit: I swear to god, dwarves associated with the military are the bitchiest ones of the lot. "Who cares that I have a great room, had a good meal and drink and ate in a sweet dining room, I was put on training detail for too long, and then I was RELIEVED from training detail! D: FML!"
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:21 pm

I struck Marble today, so steel production can finally begin.

Still having no luck with coal... Which is a real shame.
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:11 pm

Today I'm beginning a project to channel into some now-sealed areas of the upper levels of my fortress, so as to make areas for trees to grow. Unfortunately, my dwarves did this badly, and ended up casuing a cave-in that trapped a handful of dwarves in the old areas of my fortress XD

Sadly, a kid got caught in the cave-in. Broke just about ever major bone in his body and ruined most of his internal organs. The other dwarves made it out without a scratch, so that's weird.
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:10 pm

Well, today I learned that cave-ins... can go several floors down.

I attempted a controlled cave-in and killed two of my dwarves, crippled a third, and wiped out a lot of my wood storage XD

Post by Guest Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:40 pm

My totally unprepared fortress got attacked by a necromancer and a horde of undead zombies... I sealed of my old graveyard first thing (so i got a bunch of corpses just chilling there...) then i prepared my not-battle-ready dorfs for BATTLE!

After all the bloodshed I lost a total of 67 Dorfs and 33 War dogs (I worked so hard on them Sad)    

All i had left was a legendary miner and 2 dorf children.

The miner quickly went insane and killed one of the babies... one of my few war animals disposed of him before he could kill the other...

So then i had one baby left... In a huge fortress full of rotting corpses...

After realizing that all his dorf brotherin were dead, the sole survivor of the attack named itself Mayor. I assigned him every war animal i had left (3 dogs, a giant eagle, and a jaguar.)

About a month later i got a migrant wave of like 13 people and my fortress sprung back to life. It took like 2 seasons to clean the battle up... was gruesome. The child remains the mayor to this day...

Hes seen some shit...
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:33 pm

I'm bored of my current build, so I decided to destroy my fortress in a decidedly fun way. I'm going to re-create the cave-in, but on a much wider scale. If my projections are accurate, it'll wipe out most of the food and kill a lot of dwarves. Yay Very Happy
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:00 am

I decided to just shut off Aquifers. The things are freaking everywhere and too much trouble to bother with.

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:33 pm

Yeah the first thing i do is mod them out...
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:09 pm

Okay, my new departure site is flipping inside. I wound up striking Magnetite, Chalk, six nuggets of platinum, and a few gems before I actually hit rock o.e

I'm hoping I manage to find Bituminous Coal before long Very Happy

I'm right now carving out work areas and a dining room.

This time, I learned my lesson and departed to a Warm region that had a River. later on I'm going to look into diverting the river closer to my fortress.

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:49 pm

Beware of Carp!
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:57 pm

Dwarf Fortress! - Page 5 3plqr0
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:36 am

I found a massive cavern underground. Because I don't feel ready yet to take on Forgotten Beasts explore, I just walled it off. Now all my sand and clay are turning to fungus! D:

My glass industry is RUINED! (luckily I hit Kaolinite, so I can at least make ceramics)
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:45 pm

http://rationalwiki.org/w/images/f/fa/XkcdDwarf_fortress.png

Hmm

Urist McGamer cancels Play Dwarf Fortress: Had too much fun.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 1:20 pm