Unlimited

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Dev: Ripped by the Riftworld

Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Dev: Ripped by the Riftworld - Page 2 Empty Re: Dev: Ripped by the Riftworld

Post by Elit3Fla5h Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:52 pm

Damn you excluding me Popper! And this game is with our actual selfs. You would be Nathan is this case with some wierd class thing.
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:50 pm

End... darn. I really thought I could. But a part of me was all, "What if he seriously has repressed sucidal issues?" And I had to stop. Tis why I'm not cut for the internet. You can still join Western, if thats what your saying. And due to the advent that there are other options than excel for this game, the OOC may very will take a week to post. Until then, feel free to post what you want or see others as.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:02 pm

@Boxpopper:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21370821/Cornshitswithmcnuggetsause.JPG

So uhh... What was this thread about?
    FrenchPopo
    FrenchPopo

Post by FrenchPopo Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:25 am

I would think about the situations too much and just be a burden to the group... xD
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:27 am

Alright, given an hour and half about of reveiw, its gonna be excel. Other programs are to graphical and can't capture the landscape of the Shardlands. Meanwhile excel will play like dwarf fortress so its all imagination! Smile

I believe I'm done with Elite and Loki, though I edit alot. I'm reconsidering good and bad unique abilties for each player (originally I tossed the idea due to possible growths and the fact I didn't want any super-save buttons or mana bars). I'm leaning towards allowing those to develop in-game and seeing what happens. As soon as I complete a mock battle sequence, I'll prolly post the OOC.

@French:: Feel free to join anyway, you just would end up having alot of AP stored up (I'll keep that in mind for character options).
    LokiLeader
    LokiLeader

Post by LokiLeader Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:07 pm

I dont have microsoft Excel...
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:12 pm

I don't either but I can easily get it.
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:52 pm

What!? Heresy! If need be though, I can just screen-cap my comp and post the image instead of the excel file.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:59 pm

Well i Dont OWN it ether...
    Boxpopper
    Boxpopper

Post by Boxpopper Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:00 pm

Alright then... someone else do me. And as Nathan, not the other character. Western is essentially dead (not to be completely pessimistic).

So I'm just Nathan in this alternate universe. And I have a mysterious book. That part still stays.

And I'm not being lazy, I just don't trust my own self understand to set up a character. Ian would probably do a good job at this.
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:57 pm

How dare you?!? Its not dead!
    I demand you kill yourself!!!
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:27 pm

... *SLAP.*
    Good delusional Nathan:
    1) Western is not dead.
    2) I will be making your characters, and will accept suggestions. In your case, I would love some. This is from a stat/class/role/playstyle perspective.
    3) I can only accept the book under the conditions you reveal everything, and I mean everything, about it to me. I'll tell you right now I am slightly opposed as you are not a mentally unstable person and you will be playing yourself. The Mad Book element means you would have to RP, doing what you think would happen as opposed to reacting naturally.
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:29 pm

Damn it Ippy! You are supposed to demand his death!
    FrenchPopo
    FrenchPopo

Post by FrenchPopo Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:51 pm

Judging from what I've been told about my play style, I'm more of a sit back and wait for an opportunity kind of person. And charge in when necessary.

Other than that, I wouldn't know how to describe myself. XD

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:54 pm

Ur magic the gathering strategies are dildos

Last edited by Rock'emSock'emRabbi on Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:55 pm

You dont have any room to talk rabbi. All you did that game was fly in the air and get then get smacked down.
    FrenchPopo
    FrenchPopo

Post by FrenchPopo Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:05 am

Rock'emSock'emRabbi wrote:Ur magic the gathering strategies are dildos

Quitting for life. Sad

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:08 am

lol i cant remember why i said that once...I think we were playing at Ethans..
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:13 am

You were, I think I remember you saying that.

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:18 am

So why was ur Strategy dildos Gray?
    FrenchPopo
    FrenchPopo

Post by FrenchPopo Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:24 am

I dunno... either canceling or tapping something... lol
    Boxpopper
    Boxpopper

Post by Boxpopper Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:48 pm

Alright Blaize. The book is something I need to develop more anyways. And dammit Ethan, I said that you are not authorized to order my shameful self sacrifice! Because I said you'd do it! And what do you know, you did! I demand that YOU take your life!!
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:06 pm

How about I just take yours?
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:55 pm

RAWRRRRRRRRR! I JUST found the spoiler function. RAWWWWWAGHGHG!

Anyway, after reviewing chars and whatnot, I can't shake this feeling that it's all wrong. Really the only thing I can actually point is a disconnect from the char and the person. Which is sorta fine, I still think it'll be fun, but if thats what I was aimming for...
    Also the stats more or less were randomly put together, mainly with class in mind. But then when two chars liked the same stat parts of a class, and one was outright better, what to do...

Anyway, these doubts led me to develop an entirely alternative game focusing on YOU more, at least in mine opinion. However, I spent quite some time on the first idea, I do like it, and I will host it eventually regardless of what happens now (I just may not run it as we play us, or still might, who knows). But, I also like the other.

Anyway, I want to know which you guys would rather play. Major differences, with the original listed first and the alternative second:

Setting: Riftworld/Shardlands | Dreamworld?
    Style of Play: Tactical Map | Early Final Fantasy RPG's
    Attributes: different purpose, hard increase | same purpose, growth increase
    Stat: Specific | Numbers to insert in abilities (exists a Dickery stat, as the game is meant to be closer to us)
    Pace: Action Points & Rounds | As fast as we post & Turns
    Group Role: Class | Interchangable Aspects
    Abilities: Class | Custom, some change when you shift aspects
    Player Input on Char: Considered | Directing

I think, I got the main stuff...
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:18 pm

Setting: Riftworld/Shardlands
    Style of Play: Early Final Fantasy RPG's
    Attributes: I no understand this one.
    Stat: Dickery. (I demand the highest dickery stat!)
    Pace: Don't know about this one. I is on a lot so doesnt matter to me.
    Group Role: Class
    Abilities: Class
    Player Input on Char: No get this one either.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:41 am