Unlimited

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Gauntlet PnP

Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Gauntlet PnP - Page 3 Empty Re: Gauntlet PnP

Post by Elit3Fla5h Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:03 pm

Her actions were discouraged and after some of the most deadly/gruesome pranks she was heavily repremended by some of the more elder Fey and Hengeyokai. It was one thing to have a little fun they said, but doing what she was doing would draw unwanted attention to the forest and the inhabitants. If left unchecked it would only be a matter of time until the wrong person ended up dead. After that she never talked about them openly but popular opinion was that she still did them and only talked about them with her closer friends.
    I did not like this person, what she thought was funny I thought was downright cruel. I avoided her when possible and only spoke to her a handful of times.

Overall, most did not care what she did. Those that did tended to just give dirty looks and a very small portion actually liked her pranks the most.
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:08 pm

I've created a folder for character sheets in the dropbox.  I require those delicious save and sense motive values.

@French: At some point in your life you had a mentor.  What did this mentor teach you?  How did you come together?  How did you feel about having (a supposed need of?) a mentor?

@BabyT: This is hard. By what qualifications do you choose your targets? Is it sporadic, periodic, random? Does any elf you see get the shaft if you can manage it?
    FrenchPopo
    FrenchPopo

Post by FrenchPopo Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:10 pm

Ippy wrote:@French: At some point in your life you had a mentor.  What did this mentor teach you?  How did you come together?  How did you feel about having (a supposed need of?) a mentor?

You mean like, Udyr? Or you mean an additional mentor that came into the picture later?
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:11 am

Some other mentor, a time of your choosing.
    FrenchPopo
    FrenchPopo

Post by FrenchPopo Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:45 am

Hmm. I'd say that I met this person soon after leaving home. With all the recent events in my life, I had noticed I had developed anger issues. Being easily irritable, when I didn't get my way, I settled it with my fists. However, this certain person was able to counter me, and put me in my place. Astounded, I asked him where he learned to be so strong, yet complacent. He must have saw something within me, because he decided to take me to this place of learning; a place where he taught me to suppress the feelings of anger and use it as strength (the monk lvls). Then suddenly again, a group of bandits came through and killed my mentor; maybe I was cursed? Maybe it was just meant to be that I couldn't have people close to me. Whatever the case, it really pissed me off. I kept the training and knowledge my mentor taught me, but, after seeing his death it was too hard to control. With raging agony, I tracked down the group of bandits and slaughtered them all with my bare (bear huehue) hands (barbarian lvl).
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:52 am

Can't you see what I'm trying to do here? Why you gotta go kill off my mentor? Can we rewind to the part where the mentor is still alive and you haven't had successful training?
    FrenchPopo
    FrenchPopo

Post by FrenchPopo Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:56 am

I find my mentor's mentor, and that's the person who I now have in my life? Surprised

Edit: OOC: Why did my guy get stuck with the mentor? It doesn't go with my story at all. XD
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:06 am

@French: Lol, its how the dice decided. The mentor doesn't have to stick with you for life. Note your next question:
    As the training ensued, you made little progress, and what progress you did make was on your own. Your supposed mentor never directly addressed your goals and seemed to be interested in training you in methods unrelated to what you were supposed to learn. In fact, he hadn't shown any proof that he had even mastered what he was meant to teach you. How well did you take to this digressive teaching, and what was your response to the mentor?

Your mentor is an older, small-statured lizardfolk.

@Elite: Between your gauntlet clearing (early on in your career, or perhaps before/after the last gauntlet you overtook?) you were approached by a human female with every bit of the traveler's appearance. She insisted you, an able gauntlet raider, listen to her mutually beneficial proposal. In what setting did this meeting take place? Did you dismiss or hear out the proposal?
    FrenchPopo
    FrenchPopo

Post by FrenchPopo Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:19 am

Ippy wrote:@French: Lol, its how the dice decided.  The mentor doesn't have to stick with you for life.  Note your next question:
    As the training ensued, you made little progress, and what progress you did make was on your own.  Your supposed mentor never directly addressed your goals and seemed to be interested in training you in methods unrelated to what you were supposed to learn.  In fact, he hadn't shown any proof that he had even mastered what he was meant to teach you.  How well did you take to this digressive teaching, and what was your response to the mentor?

It probably pissed me off to a point where I had to restrain myself from beating his face in. However, I am trained to listen to "mentors" and know to be patient with teachings that might not make sense or seem worthless. I would advise him that it would be in his best interest to get to something useful or I would like payment for all the time he's wasting with me.
    Baby T
    Baby T

Post by Baby T Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:22 am

@ippy i kill mostly randomly dont have a favored enemy its more whats funny or benefits me at the time.
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:12 am

I JUST popped out of a gauntlet where this woman seemed to be waiting and saw me pop out. She then began to make proposals. In response I tweeted at her and listened. Afterwards I tweeted at her and caused her belt and bag buckle to shatter giving me a nice view and enough time to grab some food from said bag as she pulled her pants up.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:47 am

>implying buckles
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:32 am

*assuming buckles

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:15 am

Gauntlet PnP - Page 3 13562110
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:42 pm

@Elite: Attended items get saves, don't they? What if her proposal was you take her belt and bag? Jumping the gun aren't we? Since you are paying *so* much attention to her equipment, you notice a discrepancy (passes wisdom check). Her clothes are intended for a male of her kind, and the degree to which they are soiled seem to be a contrast with her fair (if dirtied) skin and elegant red-gold hair. You notice two, three daggers sheathed besides her thighs. She insists the two of you become traveling companions (because non-linguistic birds make swell road buddies). She wants to go places and knows that you, as a gauntlet raider, intend to travel far and wide in search of gauntlets to conquer. There's safety in numbers and you'll even have access to her services. She gives her name as Hunter. That's also her services. She hunts. For treasure. Mostly. She has been known to hunt for food on occasion, or track down people, places, and things. She could find gauntlets for you. Information about previous raiders that entered and haven't come out. You know. Stuff. "Sounds good, yeah?"
    Now would be the appropriate time to explode her possessions and jack (see what I did there?) her supplies.

@French:
    Speaking of payment, who's paying this guy? He doesn't stick around and help you for free. He accepts good food and nice places to stay as payment. Security helps too.

The training resumed, although its methods did not change. One day a former pupil of your mentor encountered you by chance, and informed you that the mentor was a fluke, a type of extortionist. This pupil had left him and found his answers elsewhere, and advises you to do the same.

@BabyT: I require a race/gender combo from you.

@Nailo: Character Sheet + Physical Description

@Rockem: Final string of PMs impending...
    FrenchPopo
    FrenchPopo

Post by FrenchPopo Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:25 pm

Ippy wrote:@French:
    Speaking of payment, who's paying this guy?  He doesn't stick around and help you for free.  He accepts good food and nice places to stay as payment.  Security helps too.

The training resumed, although its methods did not change.  One day a former pupil of your mentor encountered you by chance, and informed you that the mentor was a fluke, a type of extortionist.  This pupil had left him and found his answers elsewhere, and advises you to do the same.

Cool, another way for my guy to lose money in this campaign... Razz

Apparently, if my security is enough for payment, that is what I shall offer him. As long as he "teaches" me. I let the ex-pupil know I will sleep on his advice; however, I feel as though SOMETHING will happen eventually. I hope. I'll give it some more time.. Otherwise, I may have some other business far, far away I need to attend.
    Baby T
    Baby T

Post by Baby T Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:10 pm

@ippy: i will kill Male elfs at random if they serve no benefit
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:41 pm

BabyT I didn't mean a kill preference, lol. I meant for another char's specifics, like Elite did.
    Nailo41
    Nailo41

Post by Nailo41 Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:21 pm

Realized I had Nymph's kiss so I need to explain that.
    Once During my training with Udyr we came across a tribe of fey's. These creatures were different and bewildering to me so without realizing it I began to walk towards them. Udyr placed his hand on my shoulder and warned me that although the fey may be able to grant me some of there secrets, it will come at a cost. Even after hearing this warning I continued onwards. At first the fey were indifferent about me, but then one stood forward and took my hand. she taught me many things that night and told me to continue to visit her whenever I could. Over the years my body began to change. I became more slender and my body began to look more feminine every day. My hair continued to grow at an alarming rate and started to turn even darker red then normal. My skin became more fair and my voice became softer. My brothers always making fun of me for these womanly features but eventually I became accustomed to them.

As for appearance I'm 5'8, 134lbs. I walk around in a breastplate that tends to be covered by my cloak. Upon my cloak is the symbol of Ehlonna. A sheath can be seen coming from my back as my great sword rests on my back under my cloak. On the hilt of my sword is a blazing phoenix. My long red hair tends to be fashioned in a pony tail that reaches my mid back. Im commonly mistaken as a female due to my slender figure and fair skin.
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:47 pm

Effeminate appearance is a cost? Oh lordy that paragraph in my women's studies class... You aren't perchance a flaming homosexual as well?
    In any case per reviewing your character sheet your saves seem odd. A +0 reflex and +5 will at lv3? I noticed you had 2 levels of human or whatever, is that how this works?
    Nailo41
    Nailo41

Post by Nailo41 Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:43 pm

Well I always imagined elves and fey as more frail creatures then human and it kinda gave me some of those elvish characteristics. I was in a hurry when writing that. Mh characters main looks also come from his mother instead of udyr so he was already more feminine then his brothers. So after the change with the fey it altered him more. And yes, coming out of udyrs loins yes being feminine is insulting. And no, he's no a flaming homosexual like someone. He just shares there there name  cuz I couldn't come up with a better one. And no I'm not trying to create u, u hairy bastard Wink
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:46 pm

I reiterate:
    Ippy wrote:In any case per reviewing your character sheet your saves seem odd. A +0 reflex and +5 will at lv3? I noticed you had 2 levels of human or whatever, is that how this works?
    Nailo41
    Nailo41

Post by Nailo41 Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:55 pm

No I mightve mess up. Reflex should be 1 will 4
    Nailo41
    Nailo41

Post by Nailo41 Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:56 pm

I lied will should b 5. 3 for human 2 for sorcorer
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:16 pm

What is human? Human paragon? That's a base class?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 8:15 am