Unlimited

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Gauntlet PnP

Gauntlet PnP - Page 2 Empty Re: Gauntlet PnP

Post by Guest Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:10 pm

Silly Ethan... There's not a Heart elemental...
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:17 pm

The rules I've put in place effectively discourage the use of any LA, since 1LA is effectively eliminating 2 levels worth of class features/HD effects of gestalt.  Savage progression mimics the gaining of an LA over time rather than at once, or postponing LA which allows you to play creatures you otherwise normally couldn't from level 1.  Your 18 Stone Giant/14 Wizard example is not a 18/14, it is a 14 Stone giant HD/14 Wizard HD +4 LA.  The fighter gets 4 more gestalt HD, because the fighter has no LA.

The monster party would be cool.  You guys will find a way to pull shenanigans whether or not they're hard-grained into your race and/or appearance.

TO: Rock'em

At the moment of your birth you were notably different from others of your kind: a mutant. From the tip of your head down to your right side collar-bone your body featured an unusual growth, a slimy growth. While it was only but a layer when you were an infant, it grew with you as you aged into adolescence and beyond. As it grew, it changed from translucent to <what color was your growth?> During your childhood it extended nearly an inch and a half from your body. Besides requiring double the food and water sustenance of your kindred, the growth seemed to have no other effects.

How did this growth and gluttony affect your early life? Did you or your kin ever experiment with the growth? PM or post your questions/answers.
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:11 pm

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. I am feeling a pixie coming on. A Pixie that follows the party around and helpes them but said party has no idea. Enemies just randomly fall asleep/forget who they are/get entangled for no discernible reason in their presence. It sounds fun.

Pixie bard that plays bongo drums. Or just constantly plays fitting music for the party in whatever they do.
    FrenchPopo
    FrenchPopo

Post by FrenchPopo Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:33 pm

Ippy didn't want a pixie.. Me and Nailo were gonna try to do a Lulu themed duo. Sad

Last edited by FrenchPopo on Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:46 am

He can be a pixie, he just is going to take the +4 LA that comes with it. He'll find his ways to be useful...

Post by Guest Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:23 am

a Growth? Like a fin? Just a slimy patch? or something like a baby fetus?

Gauntlet PnP - Page 2 South-10

*Wants to be a noble, gives fetus face growth*
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:53 pm

Liek so, except without all the arrows and facial features (as well as in a color of your choosing):
    Gauntlet PnP - Page 2 Th?id=HN.608050614795176689&w=172&h=187&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

I'll PM you the rest of my questions.
    Nailo41
    Nailo41

Post by Nailo41 Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:08 pm

Race:Human
    Sex: No thank you
    Starsign: Pheonix
    Manufacturer: Udyr
    Rumors reached my ears of my brother udyryu challenging the guantlets and ini his latest attempt no one heard of his return. I went to find my brother who walked like a bear and together we began challenging gauntlets in order to find any information about our lost brother. My hope is to find my youngest brother Udyryu and once again venture on my own. I only hope that i don't have to kill my ignorant bear brother before our family is reunited.
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:55 pm

Name: Jack Sparrow
    Race: Hengeyokai (sparrow)
    Starsign: Gemini
    Manufacture: Sara
    Class: Warlock 3/  Psychic Warrior 3
    Alignment: Chaotic Good

Jack was born to a large large sized community of Hengeyokai that lived deep in a forest alongside large amounts of Fey. It was a happy and carefree life in this deep forest along side the fey. Every night was filled with revelry and every day was filled with games and amusing stories about the tricks the Fey and/or the Hengeyokai played on travelers. These were some of the happiest time of Jack's life though they would not last. One day this strange gate appeared and at the same time all the fey took sick. Slowly the once happy community began to die, they found the more fey blood one had the quicker their strange sickness progressed. The oldest and strongest fey now on the precipice of death deduced that the gate must be the cause of the sickness. Many volunteered to enter and find a solution... none ever returned. Desperate, they found the healthiest among them and gave him with as much magical energy as they could, until his very soul was infused with it. This person was Jack. Being the last among them that could run let alone fight he ventured into the gate and where others failed, he succeeded. He returned to the forest expecting a welcome party in the warm summer sun, but was only greeted with corpses and snow.
    Now Jack travels around the world and closes more of these gates. His hopes are to find a way to stop their creation and if someone is responsible, make them suffer.

Last edited by Elit3Fla5h on Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:55 pm

I have remade my char Ippy!

Im a high lvl evil wizard that doesn't like to be fucked with who enjoys traveling through peaceful forests, putting up illusion 'gates' that cause sleep then horrible nightmares, and also just created a new spell that explode fey into snow.
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:51 am

"spell that explode fey into snow"
    got to be a way to do that without new spells...

@Elite: I require a race/gender/sign/manufacture/etc datablock.

@Nailo: At one point in your life a flash of white lightning erupted from the sky and scorched the ground before you in a blinding light. When you regained your vision a beautiful, naked, human-looking girl was in the place where the lightning had struck. She seemed roughly your age with long, thick white hair to match similarly wide, white eyebrows. She quickly sat up and then frantically torqued her head and body about as to swiftly view her surroundings. Where and when did this occur? Were you in a gauntlet, a fight, traveling, or asleep? How did you respond?

PM/post any questions/answers.
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:14 am

Added manufacture I guess. What am I missing?
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:30 pm

Lel, I meant a whole new one for another character.

EDIT:: There will be a house rule in place regarding BAB.  We will be using fractional BAB, to simplify decisions regarding when to take class levels in gestalt HD and to emphasize the benefits of taking a full BaB class level.

Fractional BAB works like so:
    Full BAB class levels give +1 BAB.
    3/4 gives .75 BAB
    1/2 gives .5 BAB
    Take the highest BAB available.  Your current BAB is your total BAB rounded down.
    Baby T
    Baby T

Post by Baby T Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:38 pm

Name: Shadow
    Race: Whisper Gnome
    Sex: Do fat kids love cake?
    Starsign: ? um idk ill just put my deity Erythnul
    Manufacturer: idk what that is
    3beguiler/2 rogue/ 1 fighter

Gnome who got tired of living the normal life and took his life elsewhere killing to kill for fun. Seemingly harmless most people ignored or looked past him with his short stature, which lead to their death. Once known by a former name this name has dawned the name of Shadow and lives as such moving through towns and doing the bidding of his god, slaughtering people without ever being seen. Until one day he got beat by another rouge, someone who had become his rival over time. Shadow after being beat went into a gauntlet to try and better himself and to one day hopefully beat his rival, Sonic. Now our story leaves us with Shadow continuing to progress through gauntlets in hopes of one day defeating Sonic for good.

Last edited by Baby T on Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:06 pm

I still don't understand what you want from me.
    FrenchPopo
    FrenchPopo

Post by FrenchPopo Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:19 pm

Race: Human
    Sex: It gets pretty grizzly
    Starsign: Taurus (If there isn't a bear related-ish one)
    Manufacturer: Udyr
    3 Druid // 2 Monk / 1 Barbarian

Years after journeying off to test the strength of the bear stance taught by my father, I hear word of the Gauntlets. Gauntlets, ultimate tests of strength, both physical and mental. In gathering more information about the gauntlets, I learn that there was a recent party, an odd one at that, that was successful in clearing some of the them; after hearing some of the descriptions of the heroes, one sounded very similar to my younger brother, Udyryu. My 3 brothers and I were not very close, but it was pretty disheartening after hearing the news that they had gone missing after becoming official Gauntlet Raiders. Soon after that, I was approached by my Phoenix brother and he asked if I had heard the news. We decided to give up on our search for Snapjaw (we had a competition to who could find him first) and work "together" to find our lost brother. The family just isn't complete with that little dumb-ass on this plane.
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:33 pm

Not sure of the technical definition, but I'm pretty sure sex refers to reproductive characteristics (male/female organs/capability) whereas gender is more of an identification issue by society/language/self. You all get F's.

@Elite: I want you to assign the gender/etc stuff to a new, nebulous character. You know nothing about this character, but are deciding their gender/etc information.

@BabyT: There is no way you can have levels in assassin or shadowcraft mage, you don't meet the requirements.

@Nailo/French: In what kind of place did Udyr birth you? What was your childhood? Adolescence? Any significant events? Harking back to Silver (rpg), you should have about one doctrine or belief you adhere to. Perhaps something you value or scorn. What is it?
    Baby T
    Baby T

Post by Baby T Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:03 pm

@ippy ah i didnt read the spell portion right of shadow adept, but how not assassin? do ranks man actual points that get put in or overall i thought it was overall
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:42 pm

It's actual ranks, so the earliest you could do it is level 6.
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:43 pm

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh. I think I get it now.

Not Sure what I can put so I'll just fill in all the stuff.

Name: ??? (Eclair Rolguard)
    Race: Human
    Sex: Female
    Starsign: Aries
    Manufacture: Lord and Lady Rolguard
    Class: ??? (Swordsage/Warblade)
    Alignment: ??? (Chaotic Good)

Post by Guest Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:44 pm

Nope, Rank

Gauntlet PnP - Page 2 13950410
    Baby T
    Baby T

Post by Baby T Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:10 pm

@ippy ahh well then Sad i shall change it
    FrenchPopo
    FrenchPopo

Post by FrenchPopo Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:25 pm

Ippy wrote:
    @Nailo/French: In what kind of place did Udyr birth you?  What was your childhood?  Adolescence?  Any significant events?  Harking back to Silver (rpg), you should have about one doctrine or belief you adhere to.  Perhaps something you value or scorn.  What is it?

Well  we were born on some other island, away from most civilization. All 4 of us brothers just had each other to mess around with; Oldest was Snapjaw -> Me -> Nailo -> Udyryu. Udyr taught us each one of his stances, as a way to pass on his legacy. There was a day when we were out training and we came back to find our mother was missing; we sensed there were traces of other people and there looked to be signs of struggle. Udyr became enraged and stormed off in search for our mother; we never saw him again either. We promised each other that we would perfect our stances our father taught us, in his memory, and maybe one day go out and search to see if he was still alive. Snapjaw being the oldest, felt he had already mastered his stance, so he left the group first. We all knew that he was no way ready for his journey, but he was too stubborn. There we practiced, and eventually we felt we were ready. We left Udyryu to fend for himself, but that was our way.
    Nailo41
    Nailo41

Post by Nailo41 Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:50 pm

The reason we didn't try and help him find our mother was we all agreed on to things. 
    1. Wed just get in his way
    2. If he couldn't find her then there's no chance wed be able to
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:06 pm

@Elite:
    Prior to the destruction of your coven, one particular fey-touched hengeyokai turned out to be dissimilar to the others of your kin. This hengeyokai concocted tricks and pranks like the rest of you, although they were a note more elaborate. Her schemes and antics nearly always resulted in the death of travelers, or at least permanent disability. How did your coven treat this individual over time? What were your feelings/actions towards this individual?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:06 pm