Unlimited

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
FrenchPopo
Ippy
6 posters

d20

Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

d20 - Page 3 Empty Re: d20

Post by Ippy Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:51 pm

What should have happened is that he got his first kill (and his only kill for a very long time) in the bandit forest and then also got two moosacubes in forest dos.
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:20 pm

I was thinking on different types of character advancement other than Levels. What I mean by this is a power progression or somthing of the like not directly tied to Class levels, character wealth is an example of this along with the "special" stuff our PC's get in most of our Campaigns like Nailo's Robot in Rabbi's or the elementals in Loki's. What I am looking for is something a little more substantial. Something like multiclassing but doesn't slow down class progression as much; but not nearly as strong or fast as a gestalt character.
    I was thinking of having these extra abilities also level up off of XP players put into them. For example a level 5 character when they kill somthing can keep their Experience or spend a portion of it on their special ability. The special ability can level up but the character level would still be 5. Similar to my fist campaign where you spent HD to strength curse marks.

Thoughts?
    Opinions?
    Ideas?

Post by Guest Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:05 pm

Having 26 health as a lvl 14? 12? bard was terrifying. The constant threat of getting death fingered...

Also, so many tattoos

What I'm saying is that I'll probably remain the same level forever if you put in a mechanic that we can spend xp on...

Not that that's a bad thing.
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:36 pm

Are you switching your campaign to EXP? You can't have a XP buy-in system without XP. If you do have it, the boost has to be significant to justify delaying class levels. Even then, characters with spellcaster-like mechanics still would probably be better served by avoiding it (do you want each player to enjoy benefits or is it a opt in?).

You could provide a multiclass-gestalt subsidy, as in a character can make two of their levels gestalt or take their next level. You could place limits on dipping or gestalt HD versus solo HD if you wished. Once again, this is basically a buff to characters which can benefit more from dipping. Characters which desire their latest class level (more ability/day, scaling DC, pivotal feature) will be dissuaded from the option, so if this is something you want to provide every character this may not be the method to use.

The OGC has a section on secondary classes under character advancement. Basically a character gets 3.5 feat progression instead of pathfinder and some bare-bones hallmark features of other classes. You could attempt to implement your own secondary class system, where characters are still primarily interested in their main path progression but can channel energy on a rainy day.

You could also permit a type of prestige gestalt. A lot of pathfinder prestiges are straight inferior to base classes but offer flavor. Allowing prestige classes to advance base class abilities might produce your desired effect. This probably carries the most risk of being broken like 3.5.

In Leon Nine the 'special adds' I'm doing are attached to the favor points. At certain thresholds of favor characters will get to choose between three options tailored to them and their specific favor balance. It's based on RP and exploration rather than being tied into regular character advancement.

You could do something with archetypes. You could afflict each player with a ghost that haunts them but unlocks abilities with the completion of ghost quests. As we uncover more of the lost language we can uncover abilities lost to time (some enemies can use 'em too).

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:18 pm

d20 - Page 3 The-el10

Ghost quests~

Post by Guest Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:27 pm

I have no idea what I'd Gesalt into..

I COULD BE A MACHINESMITH AND GET SPECIAL GOGGLES OF USELESSNESS AWESOMENESS

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:20 pm

Picture didnt fit Sad
    Have this one instead
    d20 - Page 3 Anatur10

Last edited by Rock'emSock'emRabbi on Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:53 pm

Can a Half-giant titan mauler wield two huge sized greatclubs?

Well he wouldn't ever hit anything with'em... but It would look cool~

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:43 pm

d20 - Page 3 14585310

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:07 pm

New Wizard Archetypes! 

d20 - Page 3 Newwiz11

My favorite is the Scrying pan

Spoiler:

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:25 pm

Sorry Noble but Loki has taken the place as my favorite DM ever...

Forcing the homosex of our group to RP a hetero Pegasus rape scene was amazing. Then having him roll a STR check... It was magical.

Ippy attempting to weirdly logic his way out of it... Making her bluntly say that she wanted your ponos in her vagoo. I never thought horsesex could be that hilarious

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:19 pm

d20 - Page 3 14677610

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:13 am

So this popped up from 2011 on Facebook:

Gray fell for the ol', hide the explosives under the huge bell tower in a chest then have a thief detonate them nearly blowing them to bits,
    Trap...

Lawful-Good Pally's Kills: one thief(On his team), one commoner, two cows, a bell tower... And an innocent old man just trying to get his stolen stuff back...
    FrenchPopo
    FrenchPopo

Post by FrenchPopo Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:05 pm

Rock'emSock'emRabbi wrote:So this popped up from 2011 on Facebook:

Gray fell for the ol', hide the explosives under the huge bell tower in a chest then have a thief detonate them nearly blowing them to bits,
    Trap...

Lawful-Good Pally's Kills: one thief(On his team), one commoner, two cows, a bell tower... And an innocent old man just trying to get his stolen stuff back...

I remember that. Classic explosive runes... Good times. XD

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:43 pm

d20 - Page 3 Necrof10
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:18 am

d20 - Page 3 62497010

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:36 pm

It can launch its own feathers and hold its breath up to an hour...
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:04 am

d20 - Page 3 A5026810
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:38 am

d20 - Page 3 C4221111
    LokiLeader
    LokiLeader

Post by LokiLeader Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:34 pm

Rock'emSock'emRabbi wrote:Sorry Noble but Loki has taken the place as my favorite DM ever...

Forcing the homosex of our group to RP a hetero Pegasus rape scene was amazing. Then having him roll a STR check... It was magical.

Ippy attempting to weirdly logic his way out of it... Making her bluntly say that she wanted your ponos in her vagoo. I never thought horsesex could be that hilarious
    I never read this until now and I feel so sad about the laughs i have missed from this section of the forum
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:50 pm

Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:18 pm

Found this on Reddit.

We were told to start 3rd level. Not bad, not bad. So we had a fighter, a druid and a barbarian. I made a (secretly) LE human and took 1 level bard and two levels wizard (illusion). My background was sage. I said i was a teacher of a very specific subject. Whenever anyone would ask me to teach it to them or what it was i asked if they thought they were a bad guy. (usually no) i said then they didnt need to learn what i could teach.

Fast forward up to level 10 and still no one knows I'm LE (His flaw is that every time my character does something evil, he fails so hard it looks good.) i havent used my bardic inspiration yet, they're wondering what or when i sing. I tell them I'm waiting for the right moment.
    I have 3 levels bard (college of lore) at this point and 7 levels illusionist wizard. The fighter dies and everyone is sad, but he rolls up a rogue. The rogue comes to me when the party is away and is naturally inquisitive as to what i teach and if i have a school. I say i do have a school and I ask him if he considers himself a bad person. He says when he has to be, and asks my schools name. I start singing for the first time. I manifest 3 clones of myself using major image and I say its a school to teach people how to be villians. And we are number one.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:41 pm

If you ever want to waste 10min...
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:22 pm

d20 - Page 3 Idris-elba-as-the-gunslinger-in-the-dark-tower-movie-4k-27

The Gunslinger [without the crappy gunslinger class]

Summoner synthesis 1/ Gunsmoke Mystic 1/ Marksman 1/ Unchained Zen Archer Monk 1/ Marksman +2/ Summoner Synthesis +1/ Gunsmoke Mystic +2/Marksman +5/ Trench Fighter 6
    Half Elf
    STR: 7(16) DEX: 7(14) CON: 14(13) INT: 10 WIS: 20 CHA: 11
    WIS>WIS>WIS>WIS>CHA
    +2 racial to perception

Evolutions:
    Improved Natural Armor
    Skilled: +8 Racial to perception
    Ability Increase: +2 Dex

Traits:
    Unorthodox Style [Broken Blade]
    Eyes and Ears of the City

HE: Skill Focus (Perception)
    LVL 1: TWF
    Mystic 1(2): Gunsmithing, Rapid Reload
    LVL 3: Deadly Aim
    Marksman 1(3): Point Blank Shot
    Zen Monk 1(4): Precise Shot
    LVL 5: Prodigious TWF
    LVL 7: Quick Draw
    Mystic 2(8): Improved Two-Weapon Fighting
    LVL 9: Cluster Shots
    LVL 11: Mixed Combat
    Marksman 5(11): Rapid Shot
    LVL 13: Greater Two Weapon Fighting*
    Marksman 8(14): Weapon Focus (Revolver)
    Fighter 1(15): Far Shot
    LVL 15: Signature Skill (Perception)**
    Fighter 2(16): Solar Wind Style
    LVL 17: Alertness
    Fighter 4(18): Weapon Specialization (Revolver)
    LVL 19: Sharp Senses
    Fighter 6(20): Solar Wind Flash

*Greater Two weapon Fighting will require either a +2 STR Item or a +6 Dex. The DEX item is preferred and with it you can retrain “Prodigious Two-Weapon Fighting” into something else.

**Get Seeking enchantment of weapon to avoid that nasty miss chance on pinpointed squares that are out of line of site.

-Kick someone in the face with unarmed strike from monk then unload into them without provoking AoO thanks to mixed combat.

-WIS to AC, makes the inability to wear armor because of the Eidolon moot
    -Evasion and Darkvision from 2 Summoner Levels
    -Get broken blade style for two extra attacks
    -LVL 3 Gunsmoke mystics Adds WIS to fire arms for a round for an Anima point
    -Marksman lets you add WIS to hit 3+class Level and an extra attack at the cost of Psionic focus
    -Trench fighter 3 lets you add DEX to damage
    -Solar Wind Style adds 1 fire damager per 5 LVLs and casts Fairy Fire on what you hit.
    -Get a few nice maneuvers, and psionic powers. (and lvl 1 summoner spells I guess)
    - +55 Perception with no magic Items (+65 to see invisible creatures). Combined with Signature Skill the gunslinger can pinpoint the exact square of anyone in combat within a half mile (2700ft to be exact) without rolling and without obstructions. Can pinpoint someone walking within a quarter of a mile (1500ft). Can PINPOINT someone DRAWING A GOD DAMN BOW out to 600ft. That’s Pinpoint, if it’s just to hear the general direction of the draw then the range is 1800ft without rolling.

Can Literally do this
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:19 pm

Hey French, thought that this may help.

Though I am for killing Kids.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 2:44 pm