Unlimited

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Leon Nine

Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Leon Nine Empty Leon Nine

Post by Ippy Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:10 pm

I'm preparing a pathfinder campaign.  It includes roughly a metric ton of DnD variants, so I'll be putting all the rules and setting information here.  Any feat, spell, ability, etc. which does not properly interact with the variants is banned (feel free to ask for a similar-functioning replacement).  Sessions will be periodic, their times and dates discussed here.  The game will occur entirely over the roll20 website.  The current players are:

LokiLeader
    EliteFlash
    Nailo
    [Baka-Chi]
    [available slot]
    [alternate slot - may become regular if participation is low]

Character Creation:

Magic In Abundance:

Weapons and Armor:

Spellcasting:

Other:

Last edited by Ippy on Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Leon Nine Empty Re: Leon Nine

Post by Elit3Fla5h Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:27 pm

Do you add anything to the control check?
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:20 am

You can spend spell points to improve a control check. Other than that, only misc. modifiers apply.
    Nailo41
    Nailo41

Post by Nailo41 Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:57 pm

Are you running crit/fail cards or no?
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:06 pm

Good question. I guess the player's should vote.
    Nailo41
    Nailo41

Post by Nailo41 Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:39 am

So for spell points. Say I have 3 1st level spell slots and 1 2nd level spell slot. Do i have 4 points (1 for each spell) or 5 points (1 for each 1st level spell and 2 for the 2nd)
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:51 pm

You would have 5 spell points.
    Nailo41
    Nailo41

Post by Nailo41 Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:43 pm

do my bonus domain spells i get also grant spell points
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:56 pm

Yes.
    Nailo41
    Nailo41

Post by Nailo41 Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:02 pm

Can i take the extra channel feat more then once
    Nailo41
    Nailo41

Post by Nailo41 Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:52 pm

So for my home brew feat. Can I convert spell points into channel energy. Where the spell points needed for one use are equal to the amount of dice my channel energy uses. Example channel energy 3d6 requires 3 spell points to gain one extra use of?
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:03 pm

Multiple Extra Channel: Doesn't look like it.

Homebrew: Nope.
    Nailo41
    Nailo41

Post by Nailo41 Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:01 am

So there's a trait that gives +1 to channel energy and a feat that gives +2, this is supposed to be some type of home brew half trait half feat hybrid. Soooo.......
    +1 use of channel energy and +1 for every die thrown added to my channel energy ability. 
    Ex. 1d6+1, 2d6+2, 3d6+3....
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:01 pm

No.
    Nailo41
    Nailo41

Post by Nailo41 Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:44 am

How about 1/2 my level added to my surges
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:56 pm

He wants more flavor out of your feats.
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:20 pm

What's surges even?
    Nailo41
    Nailo41

Post by Nailo41 Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:24 pm

my positive energy surges
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:40 pm

Nowhere on the OGC in the cleric class description is the word "surge" even used. Why is your character's background conducive to a more powerful channel energy?
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:20 pm

Are people available for play 10/11-10/16? If so, when?

I ask that players either PM me or post their character backstory on this forum. If you have verbally informed me of your backstory, feel free to only summarize the highlights for my review.

@Nailo/Noble:: I will shortly be sending a PM regarding god selection. Nailo, your spell selection and bonus background feat are still pending.
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:57 am

I'm good for any time but Fridays and Wednesdays.

Spoiler:
    Silvaris Solsinger is an angel kin Aasimar born to devoute followers of goddess Byzadona. Unfortunantly for Silvaris and her family her soul was claimed and corrupted by a powerful demon of the god of Anarchy. This demon would whisper instructions to the child and Solaris would follow them without question. At the age of 7 her family began to die in tragic "accidents" and by 8 she was orphaned and taken in by the church. At the church she was strictly taught their doctrine that on every point went against her corrupted soul's core beliefs. She began to dislike the priests and the demon used his demonic taint to turn her dislike into pure hate and rage. She hated the place and longed to run away but demon would have none of it and showed her that she was no better than a slave. The only reason she had the amount of freewill she had was because a mindless doll does not make a good double agent.
    So she began to hate the demon.
    She began to hate its god.
    She hated those with freedom.
    She hated those that had the audacity to be happy while she sits there and suffers
    She eventually learned to hate just about everything for one reason or another.

Solaris never received Byzadona blessing (to the surprise of many) so she was unable to become a paladin but she still serves the church as a sentinel.

Solaris is a person that long ago accepted her damned fate and found a sort of freedom in her mind known as insanity. She only feels true joy when she is "punishing" someone for their misdeeds. 

She is not stupid however, discovery of her true nature is not an option as the demon still holds her soul. So she hides it all behind gentle movements and a benevolent smile that could make her pass as a saint.
    Nailo41
    Nailo41

Post by Nailo41 Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:07 am

What weapon groups are clerics proficient do i still have access to my gods weapon?
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:41 pm

So Nailo, your resurrect abilities don't happen to rely on breath of life and raise dead do they? Cause they do not work on me after level 5th level.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:30 am

Spoiler:

Letho grew up in a shack surrounded by forest on the outskirts of a major city. His mother, the only family he had ever known, was a locally renown herbalist. Letho enjoyed a rather mild and uneventful upbringing, that was until he grew a tail. His mother, fully aware of the situation and its origin, went to great lengths to hide her past sins. His blood red eyes didn't never stood out too much but she knew that once the city learned of his newest deformity that they would burn him at the stake. She forbade Letho from ever leaving the cottage claiming that little imps would see his tail and take him away. Letho was obedient at first but eventually grew lonely and began to miss his friends. 

During one of his mother's business trips into town Letho got a visitor. He was certain the sporadic knocking was a demon come to kidnap him. After gathering the courage Letho peaked through a crack in the door to find that the demon was non other than his best friend come to investigate his disappearance. Letho quickly opened the door and yanked his buddy into the holy sanctuary that was his cottage. After checking every window for any hint of demon spawn, he called the all clear. Not this time Satan! Letho was overjoyed to see his friend again, it had been at least two seasons. After catching up, Letho eventually revealed the reason for his seclusion. He was the one all of the demons were looking for. His friend vowed that he would help Letho defeat the evil that stalked him. He then gifted Letho his prized possession: his wooden sword, and told him that he would be back the next day to start their knight training.

A few days passed and his friend never returned. Did the demons get him? Letho began to worry. The next day his mother didn't return from her trip to the market. The demons were surly coming for him next... and they did. That night he awoke from a load banking on the door. Ecstatic that his mother finally returned he rushed to the door but was flung back onto the floor as it was kicked open. The world outside was on fire. Thousands of voices and screams surrounded him and drowned out his thoughts. This was it, the demons had arrived.

Letho quickly came to as the demons started to rush through the doorway. He quickly ran into his Mother's room and drank the emergency elixir she had prepared especially for him. But, it didn't work. What now? He was surrounded, there would be no way to sneak past the imps. As they burst through the door Letho dove under the bed, out of options. There were at least ten he counted. If only he had his sword, but alas he had left it in his room. One of the spawn then bent over and peered under the bed. This was it... To Letho's surprise it wasn't the face of the devil staring at him but that of his best friend's father. Letho was relieved and even waved but the man did not acknowledge him. Letho slowly crawled out from under the bed. It seemed no one could see him. Why are they going through mother's dresser? Why are they taking our silverware? Someone accidentally dropped a torch on my bed... Why wont anyone help me put it out? No matter how much he screamed no one would answer him. Singed and slightly crispy, Letho barley made it out of the cottage alive after trying his hardest and failing to control the inferno. The mob had dispersed after the initial looting leaving only his mother's freshly flayed corpse there to greet him.

>Run away from home
    >Join gang of forest bandits/highwaymen
    >Physique respected and intelligence admired
    >Accepted as a brother
    >Find out that Wizard guy will be attending Noble guy's wedding
    >Attack Wizard guy's wagon 
    >SUDDENLY EAGLES EVERYWHERE
    >Brothers pecked severely 
    >Sneak behind & Steal Wizard guy's magical book 
    >Kill Wizard guy with book & reanimate his corpse
    >Fight eagle horde side by side with new undead comrade
    >Slaughter puny birds
    >Turns out Wizard guy is Noble guy's little apprentice brother
    >Master Wizard knows Divination magic
    >Track me down, throw me in jail
    >Rot in cell for 10 years contemplating power, brootherhood, revenge, repentance
    >Dream of Magical symbols and chants
    >Claw symbols into flesh, learn vanish
    >Next day guard patrols, I cast vanish
    >Acid sprays from hands, melts door & guard
    >Well, shit
    >Escape jail
    >Flee several towns over

Last edited by Rock'emSock'emRabbi on Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:19 pm; edited 5 times in total

Post by Guest Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:10 pm

Does Arcane Armor Training/mastery improve control checks?

Whips are classified as range weapons on the weapon page you have there... Do they count as both maybe? or is it a weird variant of throwing whip?

Can you modify the Whip Mastery feat some? Maybe add some AP? It pretty much says that: Now you can damage people in armour! but with the AP variant I do absolutely nothing to anyone in in any armor ever.(No longer taking this feat) 

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/whip-mastery-combat

Last edited by Rock'emSock'emRabbi on Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:43 am