Milor's Labyrinth

LokiLeader
    LokiLeader

Milor's Labyrinth - Page 19 Empty Re: Milor's Labyrinth

Post by LokiLeader on Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:10 pm

I sit down and sigh, looking at my light wounds. 'That woman thing was a pain in my ass. I wonder if we passed anything that might have made this easier.' I look at her corpse and think for a moment.

I move forward and begin carving a piece of her papery leg and then take a look at it. (Perception 17+4=21) Is it edible i wonder? Like rice paper? then I move over to the warlock body and do the same (12+4=16). I stare intently at the chunks and then look up at the man no one seems to have addressed.

I walk over to him and bow slightly. I scribble down on my pad and show him "Hello, I'm Ly'lana. It seems one of our companions may be in need of that resurrection if you'd kindly. What happens if he refuses? Do we lose the resurrection?"

Last edited by LokiLeader on Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Nailo41 on Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:55 pm

"Hi Mr. Al, names Strax." I extend my hand towards him. "About that reserection thing, please give us a moment to discuss it. However if we can only use it now, go ahead and bring Finley back to life."

We can use items that are equal or lower then our level yes?
    Rock'emSock'emRabbi
    Rock'emSock'emRabbi

Post by Rock'emSock'emRabbi on Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:20 pm

*WEAPON LVL-UP!*
    (It's at 100wxp right?)

Why do I have so much less exp than everyone else... what did I miss? I'm thinking I might have missed wxp somewhere too...(I should have roughly 15 more... unlessimmissingsomethingere)

dis game toooo hard Sad

Last edited by Rock'emSock'emRabbi on Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:12 am; edited 2 times in total

Post by Nailo41 on Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:50 pm

Rock'emSock'emRabbi wrote:*WEAPON LVL-UP!*
    (It's at 100wxp right?)
     same here
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h on Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:53 pm

Same

Post by Raxistaicho on Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:01 pm

(I'm at 84 ;n;)
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho on Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:17 pm

Feeling a little drained magically, I take a moment to rest and... meditate n'shit to recharge my mp.

(Magic roll to recharge some mp out of combat :'D roll 17 + base 2 = 19)
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy on Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:25 am

Borgrun Lumber Axe proficiency increased to 1!  Choose one of the two below.
    >  Current Lumber Axe +3 levels: +4 dmg, +3 thr, +2 SP cost
    > All Lumber Axes: New Maneuver 'Mighty Swing'
    Mighty Swing (lv5 Lumber Axe):  Axe Setup.  +3 dmg,  +15 SPC, +100% threat generated.

Strax Sword & Board proficiency increased to 1!
    > New Maneuver 'Clarity Cutter'
    Clarity Cutter (lv5 Sword & Board): Broad Blade Technique. +2 luck until next turn.
    > New Maneuver 'Advance'
    Advance (Lv5 Sword & Board): Broad Blade Setup.  +1 dmg, +5% hit chance, +50% threat generated (round down).

Sarnor Wanderer's Staff proficiency increased to 1!
    >  New Maneuver 'Impale'
    Impale (Lv5 Wanderer's Staff): Polearm Technique.  If the attack procs, target loses 30 stamina.
    > Current Wanderer's Staff +1 Level: +1 dmg, +5 proc.

*Note: Technique V. Setup
    Because of combo rules, setup maneuvers cannot be used in two turns in a row IF the first setup attack hits the primary target.  A setup can be used repeatedly if the attack misses repeatedly.  Techniques can be used every turn regardless of hit or miss.

*Note: Mastering Maneuvers
    Once a maneuver is learned with a weapon, it's possible for the "master a maneuver" option to appear in later proficiency gains.  Mastering a maneuver normally doesn't provide combat benefits (barring perks and items) but drastically increases the chance the maneuver will appear as an option for proficiency gains with other weapons (sometimes even for a weapon of a different class).

Nailo wrote:We can use items that are equal or lower then our level yes?
    Discovered Rules: Environment Level
    The grounds of the labyrinth themselves oppose your party's progress.  Attempt to activate a spell of too low a level, or eat rations too low of level, and the environment will strike you down like the insolent wanderers you is.  Be too high and we can even use some points to .3333jj break .3333jj .3333jj .3333jj .3333jj .3333jj unfair .3333jj

Discovered Rules: Environment Level
    The grounds of the labyrinth themselves oppose your party's progress.  Attempt to activate a spell of too low a level, or eat rations too low of level, and the environment will suppress the benefits.  Sometimes the environment will even force you to pay associated costs, because the environment is a cheeky bastard who should mind its own affairs.  Item and spell levels which are too high may also be suppressed, as a way for the environment to ensure it imposes its intended trials.  

In short, character level normally does not restrict item (includes equipment) use.

LokiLeader wrote:(Perception 17+4=21) Is it edible i wonder? Like rice paper? then I move over to the warlock body and do the same (12+4=16)
    Perception is not quite the check for that.  You're studious inspection although, qualifies you for one of: a sense check, a basket-weaving check, or medicine check.
    > Bloody Chunk Lv0 added to Ly'lana's inventory!
    > Troglodyte Flesh Lv0 added to Ly'lana's inventory!

Raxis wrote:(I'm at 84 ;n;)
     84 wxp?  That's odd, I thought I was giving it out in numbers divisible by 5.  Borgrun should be the only one with a weird number on account of his +15% perk.

Raxis wrote:(Magic roll to recharge some mp out of combat :'D roll 17 + base 2 = 19)
    The recharge meditation results in a failure.

After erupting forth from a blaze of golden light, Alexi is put on hold while various party members proceed to chop up corpses of troglodytes and discuss the exchange of seeds.  The academic of the group questions exactly what the number 12 even means while the other more magically inclined party member ponders the satisfaction quality inherit in sticks.  Alexi can only lift a hand in response, quietly asking himself, "Is this a normal reaction to the offer of a free resurrection?"

It is just then Ly'lana approaches Alexi and displays to him a pad.  He moves his raised hand to hold the pad steady, reads it and replies, "Oh no no, not that my dear Ly'lana.  If the corpse would prefer make a new chara-- rather should the corpse refuse, I would guide a lost wanderer of the labyrinth right to you, much like a new pet.  How wonderful."

Once the seed exchange is resolved, Strax likewise approaches Alexi and identifies himself.  Alexi scrunches his golden eyebrows at the outstretched hand, then gives it a pat with his own hand.  "Good greetings Strax.  I am afraid it is a 'this moment' deal, so I shall resurrect your dead companion."

> Finley's Corpse removed from the party inventory.

Alexi gently lays the body near the edge of the water, affixed between two of the burning masses.  His eyes and lips relax as he, with a lazy hand, draws a bending cross of golden flame above Finley.  "Now all that remains is for the corpse to heed the beckon."
    LokiLeader
    LokiLeader

Post by LokiLeader on Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:50 am

I too leveled my weapon (wasn't paying attention to that.)

I roll a sense check on the meat chunks and a basket weaving if Vetan Ness is not edible. (Sense Papery Woman Meat quality = 19 + 0) (Sense Not papery frog man meat = 4 + 0) I don't think thats actually meat... its like... dark slime in more slimy skin. I discard the meat chunk of the trog if I have assumed correctly that my character doesn't think it is edible. (Basket weaving = 16 + 0)

Post by Raxistaicho on Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:47 am

I probably bungled the numbers somewhere, then. I'll go redo the math.
    Zapkiller

Post by Zapkiller on Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:50 am

does this mean I'm alive now?
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h on Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:14 pm

Sarnor retreats to the corner and begins to laugh in joy at the exhilaration of a hard fought battle won and becoming more experienced with his weapon. Now he can kill things better! He begins to swing his staff around and practice his new Impaling move.

Post by FrenchPopo on Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:39 pm

Ippy wrote:
    Raxis wrote:(I'm at 84 ;n;)
     84 wxp?  That's odd, I thought I was giving it out in numbers divisible by 5.  Borgrun should be the only one with a weird number on account of his +15% perk.

Post 176: Party gets 5 exp!
    Except Malica, she gets 4, 'cause RNG.
    Party gains 19 wxp!
    Sarnor gains 5 wxp!
    Strax gains 5 wxp!
    Malica gains 5 wxp!
    Borgrun gains 5 wxp!
    Ly'Lana gains 5 wxp!

Malica slow claps as the shiny man resurrects Finley, maybe he won't be so lucky next fight either. She approaches Alexi and asks, "Mr. Shiney Angel Man Sir, would you happen to know the best way to replenish mana supply? I'm sure that spell is very costly."
    Zapkiller

Post by Zapkiller on Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:56 pm

Finley jolts back up
    "Wha- where am I? Who's that guy, and why's the fiesty lass being nice to him? Didn't I die?"
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho on Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:17 pm

"Yes," I reply casually.
    Zapkiller

Post by Zapkiller on Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:27 pm

"Ah, just making sure."
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy on Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:55 pm

Ly'lana Hunting Bow proficiency increased to 1!  Choose one of the two below.
    > New Maneuver: 'Enchanted Arrows'
    Enchanted Arrows (Lv5 Hunting Bow): Bow Stance.  +10% hit chance, +1 dmg, attacks cost 1 MP.
    > New Maneuver: 'Imbue Arrow'
    Imbue Arrow (Lv5 Hunting Bow): Bow Technique.  -10% hit chance.  Cast a spell into the arrow.  If the attack hits, the spell is applied to the target.

Party gains 19 wxp!
    I have no idea what happened there.  That should be a 20, everyone except Finley gets 1 wxp.  Thanks French, that couldn't have been pleasant to go looking for.

@Loki::
    Ippy wrote:qualifies you for one of:
    I'm going to go ahead and use your sense roll of 19.
    Ly'lana does not believe it would be wise, or at the very least, beneficial, to eat the remains without cooking them.

With his eyes closed and his hands lingering above the burning cross, Alexi says "Ah, your Finley is confused.  It is normal to be so.  I shall-- oh?"  Alexi opens his eyes as the flames underneath his fingertips are sucked into Finley's chest.  The body rises, and Finley asks some understandable questions.  Renate utilizes her impressive soothing nature to put the freshly resurrected man at ease, answering each individual inquiry with comforting words.

Alexi watches with tightened eyes, but his attention is stolen by Malica as she poses a question.  Alexi gives a small smile before replying, "My name is neither Mr. Shiny Angel Man Sir nor Mr. Al.  I am First Prominence Fourth Line Drop Angel Conveyer Consort to and from the MAGNIFICANT YEBEARD SULTAN FANTASMIC OMNIBOSS ARCHWIZARD-WITCH NECROMANCER RULING ENCHANTER RULER MILOR THE MAGNIFICANT, FIRST AND LAST FORERUNNER OF HIS AND HER FIRST NAME.  AND LAST NAME.  Please, address me 'Conveyer Alexi.'"

After a deep breath, Alexi continues on, "Angel that I am, I needn't fret for mana.  But, well for the best way," Alexi pauses.  "If best is most, then there are mana crystals.  A mana crystal could restore mana to you and your companions.  Should you come to possess such a thing, do refrain from using it until one's well being is compromised."
    Nailo41
    Nailo41

Post by Nailo41 on Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:17 pm

"Hey Alexi, I'm charming. what else you got for me." I wink at him.
    FrenchPopo
    FrenchPopo

Post by FrenchPopo on Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:09 pm

"For maximum mana-gain use mana crystal right away... Got it! Thanks, Conveyor Angel Sultan Fantasmi-whatchamacall-it Alexi!"

She heads back to the group, "Hey guys, this bright as fuck all-knowing guy said that when we find mana crystals it'll give ALL the mana back! We should totally go find some!"

Post by LokiLeader on Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:53 am

As i continue to use my bow I feel absolutely no difference in my capabilities with it. I look at a few others and watch them practice heavily with new techniques that they had been forced to implement recently. Oh well. I'm still a badass archer.

(I have 0 mana and no spells sooooo that was useless for me, but at least its out of the way.)

Post by Raxistaicho on Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:36 am

(Renate utilizes her impressive soothing nature to put the freshly resurrected man at ease, answering each individual inquiry with comforting words.

Renate's so nice Smile )

"Do you happen to know where we might find one?" I ask.
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h on Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:12 am

With his battle high over and satified with his new moves Sarnor quickly grows bored and yawns before lighting a torch and continuing past the man. "Nice to meet you Mr. Fancy pants, hope we have the chance to meet you again."

Sarnor continues down the passage.

Post by Nailo41 on Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:53 pm

if the party disappears because of sarnor, strax makes the party reappear in this room waiting for al to speak again
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:20 pm

@Elite:: The group cannot be moved until the following are resolved:
    Strax > Discussion (Alexi)
    Renate > Discussion (Alexi)
    You may refrain from expending a use of your torch if you so choose.

Alexi@Strax: "Hah.  That you are.  I lack my merchandise, but I suppose I can provide spell instruction."

Alexi@Renate: "That, I could not share."

Alexi@Party: "The day is soon to end.  If you're in need of a place to rest, here is a fine selection.  The troglodytes were performing a ritual to pass their fallen king.  They were not to be disturbed over five days, today being the third.  There will be patrols outside, each having a prophet, warding this chamber from entry."

*End of Day Notice Notice
    Once the party receives a 'day is soon to end' or similar notice, you guys have about enough time to go through one more area.  Activity beyond that, without food or rest, is liable to incur penalties.  As this is the first day, your food needs were satisfied at the Fairgrounds.  The area with the fungal bridge is close enough to the current area that traveling to it will not pass time.  

Alexi Alisandre
    Store access: 1

Services:
    Teach a Spell 21M (M=Mils, which Alexi identifies as the coins you've found)
    > Guiding Hands Lv7, Field of Light Lv7, Spiritual Armor Lv7

Spiritual Armor
    "For those of us who cannot be brave.  For those of us whom the fates have tossed aside." -Acolyte Xin
    Lv7/Heaven/8 MP/4 thr. Confers 5 round divine boon to target granting 4+40%SE magic defense, divine defense, and luck.

New Spell: Guiding Hands
    There are times where the stars must be asked to align.
    Lv7/Heaven/4 MP/3 thr.  Confers 4 round divine boon to target granting 14+200%SM hit chance and the capability to attack concealed foes the target is aware of.

New Spell: Field of Light
    Originally designed for ballroom parties, Fields of Light have been cast into the streets of Ataraxian cities to combat the Necroplague.
    Lv7/Heaven/8 MP/6 thr.  Magical Environment Spell.  Provides bright light and increases divine defense by 3.  Can illuminate certain secrets, improved with SE.
    LokiLeader
    LokiLeader

Post by LokiLeader on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:26 pm

*Scribble Scribble* *Shows notepad to Alexi* 'Is it possible to restore my tongue and if so at what cost?' *Scribble scribble* 'what is this' *shows Alexi the Green key thing*

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:39 am