Unlimited

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Boxpopper
LokiLeader
Elit3Fla5h
Ippy
8 posters

Wrought from the Coffin OOC

Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Wrought from the Coffin OOC - Page 2 Empty Re: Wrought from the Coffin OOC

Post by Elit3Fla5h Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:26 am

You want me to kill him now Ippy?

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:27 am

Wrought from the Coffin OOC - Page 2 13230610
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:38 am

Am i trained in the medicinal arts?
    Oh God... will detail later.

Can i not be evil... just very stupid?
    Since everyone appears to have a problem with the evilness stat, allow me to define:
    Evilness, like speed and strength, is a material attribute, not an alignment. Think of it as an evil aura, a those with such auras just tend to have evil elements (like being a vampire or sinner, or having dark thoughts (which is a very human thing to have, BTW)). A character with evil 40 is the same as a character of evil 0, they do not become a murderous ravaging beast just because their aura has intensified. Generally, a stronger aura simply means one's indulged their evil side more often, or has a stronger connection(say, being a vampire on the rise)/identification with it.

But yeah, you can be stupid. Totally unawares that your killing people. Be aware that means no rational decision making on your part, and your story inevitably will center on the acceptance of a retard into society.

When we suck blood does it leave a mark? like fangs?
    Yes, you drink with your mouth, and you leave a corpse. Or eat them whole, with 'fleshbag.'

Are they taking the hobbits to Isengard?
    Naturally.

Do people know when they have had their blood sucked by a vampire?
    Yes, vampire venom burns, and will wake the sleeping. Also, the sheer speed at which you suck blood (a body in 6 minutes, if I remember right), is obviously noticable. The exception would be someone in a type of magical/drug trance.

Can we not enter dwellings without the owners permission?
    Well, they would like it they way, I'd imagine. If they can't stop you they can't stop you.

Can we cross running water?
    Depends on Speed and/or Strength.

Can i be terribly sorry if i missed any answers of theses question in your handout?
    You can be sorry all you want. I don't forgive you.

You want me to kill him now Ippy?
    No, it'll be interesting. It'll prolly piss me off though.
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:59 am

In old vampire lore vampires cannot cross water and they die when under it. Also they cannot enter a persons home unless they are invited.

I think that was what Rabbi was asking.
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:01 am

Really? Wow, that must have blown for the vampires in that lore.

Right, on account of some questions, I am going to splurge more lore of this world right now, to flesh out details and hopefully avoid questions. Do not post until I've thrown some of this fluff up.
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:06 am

On the flip side of those weaknesses, vampires were basically immortal and could only die from sunlight or a white ash wooden stake. You could blow one apart with a nuke and he would come back to life perfectly fine.
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:07 am

Oh, and a fun fact about Werewolves. The next person that was going to be killed by one had a pentagram appear on their hand.
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:36 pm

Random Fluff
    You are a greater vampire. Any progeny you spawn are lesser vampires (see ‘infect’), and any of their children are human. Greater vampires are raised from the dead, there is no other way by which they are created.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16549035/Wrought%20from%20the%20Coffin/royal.docx

If you wish to make an order, guild, or royal house of any real power, check with me. Check with me if you want to write history, or add some other such fluff to the world that isn't minor. Also, do not use those orders, guilds, and houses of others without first checking with them and having an implicit understanding.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16549035/Wrought%20from%20the%20Coffin/build.docx

Wordenhaul is an (mostly) unplanned city, there are no districts or quarters or sectors. Shops, houses, taverns, and guild halls are all found next to the other. Rather than planning, Wordenhaul came to be due to the bounty of its land. Despite that Wordenhaul is located in the chilled Half-Wild, it is capable of yielding large graze lands and extensive crop (usually bebble (fruit), which is found all throughout the North and Half-Wild). Wordenhaul can thank the Vines, a series of small rivers, for their bounty. Some of the rivers actually run through part of the city, the largest being the Bluevine. It also thanks its central location, defendable position, and historically large size for bringing in much trade.

When I say defendable position, I mean the Unclimbed Hill. Located towards the South end of the city, the Unclimbed Hill is so named as no military force has ever claimed victory over another force at the top of the hill. This is because the South side of the hill is unusually steep, purposely left without drainage or moat to encourage mud. The West and North sides are guarded by the Bluevine, the East by the Songvine and Yarnvine. The North slope is the easiest to climb as it is the least steep, but a force attacking from the North is a force that puts itself between the Unclimbed Hill and the rest of the Thanic lands.
    Atop the hill sits a stronghold known as the Den. The Den has been the historical seat of House Vangar. The barony of Wordenhaul has been held by House Vangar for years as well (the smallest, yet third most populated barony). The Den itself has two walls, one surrounds the stronghold and a second stands in the middle of the Unclimbed Hill. A third wall winds throughout the middle of the city, constructed long ago when Wordenhaul was closer to enemies. Everything behind the third wall is referred to as the “inner city,” and all else is called the “outer city.” The North and East sides of the city sprawl farther away from the third wall than the West and South.

The majority of city streets are made of cleared dirt and snow. Main roads, wider than other streets, friendly to carriage traffic, and are often paved with cobblestone. The main roads tend to be curvy, as they didn’t become main streets until after they were made and someone realized their carriage could fit.

Because the city is unplanned, it sprawls in strange ways. There are entire areas within the city that are undeveloped, perhaps because they are unwanted by all or protected by a guild, order, or royal house. These areas are heavily treed to the West of the Bluevine, whilst those on the East side are mostly iced grass. The sky itself is often overcast, whereas a sunny day or night that doesn’t freeze grass is rare.

Last edited by Ippy on Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:45 pm

Am i trained in the medicinal arts?
    Yes, you can be, but understand, you are a doctor without science. You know what a kidney looks like, but not what it does. Blood letting is still a respectable treatment, as is random herbalogy and mid-wives treatments. As a whole though, medicinal treatment isn't saught out, not when there's the ease and instant effectiveness of healing magic to replace it.

On the flip side of those weaknesses, vampires were basically immortal and could only die from sunlight or a white ash wooden stake. You could blow one apart with a nuke and he would come back to life perfectly fine.
    Oh, and a fun fact about Werewolves. The next person that was going to be killed by one had a pentagram appear on their hand.
    Lol, those very much won't apply. Your quite killable, for instance. But where are you reading this? Could totally be useful.
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:02 pm

I remembered this because we talked about it at steves house but I knew it before. When I was smaller I would watch old black and white shows with my mom about vampires and werewolfs and they were the classic of the classic.
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:12 am

The calender in the Half-Wild and surrounding lands.

Days are 24 hours, AM/PM convention is used. Months are not based on the moon. This is because there are five moons. Instead, time is kept track of by season, and months are simply units of 16 days. The count of months restarts with each season, and the number of months varies season to season. Here are the eleven seasons and the associated amount of months:

The Melt, 4 Months
    The Rinse 1
    The Bloom 3
    The Return 5
    The Glow 4
    The Dry 2
    The Summer 4
    The Fall 3
    The Ice 7
    The Block 1
    The View 2

A year starts at the Melt, and ends after the View. Years are counted from the last starfall event. During a starfall, stars fall from the moons and plunge into the earth, creating much devestation.
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:43 pm

Oh, forgot to detail sleep. Vampires have the same sleep requirements as humans, though I'll add a clause to 'daywalker' that reduces the amount of sleep needed, so that a daywalker can be active at both times.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:59 pm

Searching for survivors...
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:44 am

Ethan said he'd restart once he's calmed down from TOR. I do not suspect he survived.
    Boxpopper
    Boxpopper

Post by Boxpopper Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:04 am

Is there an official word on whether this is happening? It seems like it would be cool.
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:30 pm

As long as one other trys, I will do mah best to post regularly.
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:15 am

*crawls from rubble*

I'm alive!
    Boxpopper
    Boxpopper

Post by Boxpopper Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:13 am

Woohoo! Looks like its not dead after all!

Looks like...

*puts on sunglasses*

...it's more like 'undead.'
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:18 pm

When attempting to sound coolio, one must not use two instances of the word 'like' within three words of another.
    Boxpopper
    Boxpopper

Post by Boxpopper Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:37 pm

But, like, it's like, sometimes you like, can't really, like, get something, like, out, without like using like within three, like, words, of like, another instance, like, of 'like.'
    Boxpopper
    Boxpopper

Post by Boxpopper Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:29 am

Galfrid Batisfforde
    Male 5'11" 185lb
    Age 41
    Greying dark blonde hair, Green-grey eyes

Slightly greyed skin. Wearing a tattered-on-the-edges inquisitor style vestment and wide brimmed pilgrimy hat (except with a shorter than normal cap and a wider than normal brim). Carrying tons of implements for combating the dark arts (more like witches and demonic possession than vampires) including ritual books, textbooks of witchcraft and villainy, a small vial of holy water, sage, flint and tinder, salts, chalk, generic priest stuff. Also (tell me if this is excessive Blaize) a handaxe on a hip holder thing (like in Skyrim), a light crossbow, a silver dagger, a symbol of the One God on a chain, and a longbow.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110811070836/warhammer40k/images/archive/0/01/20111126191352!OrdoHereticus_Inquisitor.jpg Imagine this except:

- Male instead of female
    - Lose the symbol on the hat and make the brim wider and the cap shorter
    - Add a colonial style cape thing that covers the shoulders
    - Get rid of the futuristic armor plating and stuff
    - Make the boots slightly more simple (but still leather)

Last edited by Boxpopper on Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    Boxpopper
    Boxpopper

Post by Boxpopper Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:32 am

I'm confused about the skills and stats.

1. Do I need to take Warrior before I can get Weapon Master?
    2. What do the numbers AFTER the stat names mean (your Evilness says 7 and then 3.5)?
    3. How many AP do I start with? And how often do I gain it, and in what amount?
    4. Do I have to have alot of Evil to have certain rituals? Or are they just more effective with higher Evil? And how much better is it with stat support?
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:29 am

Your starting possessions are a bit excessive, but I'll allow it provided you feel that those are the possessions your character would have been buried with (the longbow and books seem odd to me). Would your character have knowledge of holy magic, or did he use it in life?

1) You must take the underlined abilities before any non-underlined abilities below them.
    2) The first number is the actual score, whereas the second is the score modified by the blood bonus. In my case, 50%.
    3) Its in the first post. You gain AP converting it from an equal amount of blood in an unhallowed ground or graveyard.
    4) Generally 1 Evil is sufficient to meet requirements.
    4.5) Depends on the spell/ritual. Some spells (like Eyebite) are relatively unaffected by the evil stat.
    Boxpopper
    Boxpopper

Post by Boxpopper Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:55 am

My character has the equipment because of the perculiar circumstances he was buried under (remember the backstory I gave you?)

As for the books, I was kind of envisioning just two grimoires, one is an encyclopedia of witchcraft and how to protect yourself against common black magic, and another book that details how to exorcise demons and protect those harmed by dark energy.

As far as magic goes, I don't think I was going with a holy caster cleric kind of guy, but some basic rituals that could maybe protect or divine information (pretty much all noncombat stuff).

EDIT: However, I don't think I'd want to make them very effective, but more like fluffy RP stuff. I can't find a way to justify Galfrid knowing Voodoo yet.
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:07 pm

Yes, the usefulness of a longbow seems out of place in the backstory, as would carrying a quiver of arrows and bolts. I'd imagine lighter packing. The books are fine, I suppose. I will assume you have low-grade knowledge of some holy magic, especially that tied to the One God. As a greater vampire, you have lost all access to such magic.

Notice how the other characters have started with nothing, and you wish to start with a horde. This is fine, but I will have to keep it in mind as the game plays out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content