Call to Era

Rock'emSock'emRabbi

Call to Era

Post by Rock'emSock'emRabbi on Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:15 pm

:THIS ONE WILL HAPPEN I PROMISE:

Post Char sheet/Bio/Background

Sheet= stats(18 point buy)/class/ect
    Bio= traits/flaw(one required/ +1feat)
    Background= living conditions before campaign(story/city/monetary) Creativity++

flower

Re: Call to Era

Post by Nailo41 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:10 pm

do we have any kind of background on the place we'll be from? 
    is it pathfinder? or 3.5? or something else?
    we are required to take a flaw yes? but it gives us a bonus feat?
    Rock'emSock'emRabbi

Post by Rock'emSock'emRabbi on Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:26 pm

no~you choose
    Pathfinder
    yes yes

Post by Nailo41 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:44 pm

are flaws called drawbacks in pathfinder?
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h on Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:36 am

Is it cool if I play an Aasimar?

Post by Rock'emSock'emRabbi on Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:46 am

Thats fine, but any race above 12RP has to take a second flaw

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/characterFlaws.htm

for Flaw^^^Explains rules

Everyone also gets to pick a trait

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/characterTraits.htm

I'd encorage making your own!

Recap: everyone gets one extra starting feat, must take 1 Trait, 1 flaw(2 for Races above 12RP).

Post by Rock'emSock'emRabbi on Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:50 am

I am ready to start when you guys are~

Post by Nailo41 on Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:20 am

so is knowledge local or nobility still going to be useless in this one or have things changed?
    Rock'emSock'emRabbi

Post by Rock'emSock'emRabbi on Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:35 am

Limited

Would only apply if your guy might actually know kinda thing. (So many ranks would get you auto succeed). Kinda like if you have know noble and you walked into a cashul and saw a banner... you might just be like OH! Thats Lord SOANSOMEONE!

Last edited by Rock'emSock'emRabbi on Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by LokiLeader on Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:34 pm

So is this going to be done in person, on roll 20, the forum (unlikely), or over something like skype? If its possible would i be able to join? I understand if its a hassle because i live elsewhere or if i make it too many people in your group.

Post by Elit3Fla5h on Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:39 pm

Name: Alarice
    Race: Aasimar
    Heigth: 5’6”
    Weight: 120
    Hair: Gold
    Eye: Red
    Languages: Celestial, Elven, Dwarven

Class: Wilder
    STR: 7
    DEX: 14
    CON: 12
    INT: 14
    WIS: 10
    CHA: 20

Drawbacks:
    Spoiler:
    Pride
    You can’t abide challenges to your dignity, authority, or honor.
    Effect: When someone threatens, accuses, or challenges you, you take a –2 penalty on Diplomacy checks and Sense Motive checks involving that creature until the creature apologizes to you.

Headstrong
    You feel compelled to correct every action and argument that contradicts your worldview.
    Effect(s) Whenever you witness an action or hear an argument that contradicts your alignment, you must attempt to stop or correct that action or argument. If you either don’t try to stop it or fail in your attempt to stop it (as adjudicated by the GM), you are shaken for 1 hour.
    Traits:
    Spoiler:
    Psigifted (energy Ray)

Benefit: You have an affinity for one particular power chosen from ones that you know, and your effective manifester level for that psionic power increases by 1. Once this power is selected it cannot be changed..

Skills:
    Spoiler:
    Diplomacy
    Sense Motive
    Knowledge (Arcana)
    Intimidate
    Linguistic
    Bluff

Feats:
    Spoiler:
    Psicrystal affinity
    Psionic Body
    Extra starting Power (Inertial Armor)

Bio

Spoiler:
    Alarice was born to the goddess Shelyn after she had a love affair with a human, a small scandal in the pantheon of gods but not unheard of, especially for the goddess of love. Normally such a child would be left to be raised by its mortal parent but Abadar, the god of patience and civilization, saw the child as a solution to a growing problem in the material plane. For the last hundred years or so the mortals have been at each other’s throats with war after war after war. Mortals were starting to progress backward if the increasing barbarian clans was anything to go on. By ancient treaty divine beings were not able to interfere with the material plane so the gods of law, justice, and peace could only sit back helplessly and watch as their follower count dwindled and their scions fell. Abadar proposed a plan for the child to Iomedae and Shelyn; the first because she was the goddess of justice, honor, and valor and suffered the most from the current world state and the second because she was the mother of the child in question. The plan was simple, since the gods could not directly fix the problem, why not send this half human half celestial baby in their place? This child could be the bridge between the gods and the mortals that the world needs, someone that could lead the mortals away from the path of destruction, a ruler of all.
    If the child succeeded civilization would advance, thus justice would be restored, and with the new found stability people would be able to focus on art, music, and generally enjoying life again. The Goddesses of love and justice agreed and together all three shared in raising the child in the plane of Heaven, an agreed neutral ground for their differing alignments.

Personality
    Spoiler:
    Alarice is a beautiful, entitled, prideful, headstrong, egotistical, overconfident, hedonistic, duty-bound woman… That now that the gods have gotten a good gauge on her personality may have realized taking turns raising her was not such a good idea. She has an ego that rivals the god pride and walks as if she owns everything. She speaks as royalty and her force of personality is almost strong enough to force weaker wills no kneel before her. She has been deemed the ruler of mortals by the gods and acts accordingly, even though some, most just about everyone has no idea of her lineage and rights. She has since refrained from speaking of her past unless asked after a few incidents of laughter followed by severe tongue lashing on her part.

Future stuff
    Spoiler:

Feats

Lvl3 Wild blood (Pionics augmented pg: 42)
    LVL3 (Multiclass into sorc Cross blood orc/Silver dragon)
    Sorc Spells
    LVL 0
    Mage Hand
    Prestidigitation

LVL 1
    Enlarge person
    Keep watch
    Disguise Self
    Vanish

Last edited by Elit3Fla5h on Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:13 am; edited 8 times in total

Post by Elit3Fla5h on Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:00 pm

On the Aasimar page at the bottom there is a table you can roll on to replace you spell like ability with it. I want 3 or 21. Or both cause they are cool.

Post by Nailo41 on Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:10 pm

are there any new languages you'll be adding in this one?
    Rock'emSock'emRabbi

Post by Rock'emSock'emRabbi on Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:38 am

@Elite: You can choose either one of those two but you have roll a 'Alternative Physical Feature'

@Nailo: Common is nonexistant(and replace by another common language if common is the only one your race knows, common), no extra languages.

@LOKI: It's fine if you join but my max players are 5. It will be over Roll20 and chat.

@Alarice: What is your alignment?

Post by Elit3Fla5h on Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:16 am

Alright, I'm gonna go with the armor ability. I rolled 72 so Alarice now has feathered wings. She is neutral good.

Post by Rock'emSock'emRabbi on Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:14 am

Elite: Once you reached maturity, you where sent to the city of Eriwald. You where tasked with ascending nobility ranks and to one day become their ruler. Eriwald was a once thriving metropolis still recovering from an invasion of the undead. The current king has squandered his power and on more than one occasion has fallen into corruption often directly affecting his citizens. You were to pose as the daughter of Farix, a fellow Aasimar who already held noble status within the city. Farix held himself with dignity and rarely spoke. When you asked him of his past you only got the fact that he once ruled a clan of Aasimar but was striped of his power. He was then stationed within this city as a holy guard against any future invasions. Your latest accomplishment was becoming part of the king's royal council.

Post by Elit3Fla5h on Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:48 am

Cool, can we have the campaign link? I rather fill in the character sheet on there.

Post by Rock'emSock'emRabbi on Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:58 am

https://app.roll20.net/join/682740/6hP-og

Post by LokiLeader on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:54 pm

Backstory so Ethan can read:

Summer, the rainy season of my home. The storm rolls across the skies like it does every night, but tonight it’s heavier than usual. The thunder booms constantly, a bass drum in an orchestra that parades itself in the evening sky. It’s beautiful in its own way. Something so fierce and distant but still so powerful. The windowsill I am sitting next to rattles in the wind as rain lightly strikes the panes. I can feel the wind leaking through the poorly insulated windows of the farmhouse. Its warm and moist, meaning the next few days my father will probably ask me to help him keep the house from molding. I always hated that chore during the summer.

‘Ah but such an auspicious day it was’

My train of thought was ended as the soft smell of fresh rye bread filled my room. It looks like we’re having cheese and bread tonight like most nights, but that’s ok I suppose. Despite my father’s lack of many skills he was a great farmer. I stood up and slowly walked down the hall towards the kitchen, dragging the tail end of the blanket that I had wrapped around me across the floor. I shuffle in to the fireplace lit kitchen and draw my chair out. I climb onto the chair. It bugs me how short I am, but I know I’ll grow into it. I am only 4 anyway. My father looks up at me and his mouth moved to tell me something, but I can’t hear it. I know he is berating me on bringing my blanket to the table. Then a knock at the door… loud, sharp, demanding an audience that I as a child could not comprehend.  My father gets up to answer it and I hear a conversation. He invites two people from the rain. A man, easily as old and my grandfather was the last time I had seen him, and a young woman with beautiful blonde hair and copper tinged eyes.

‘Funny you’d think the eyes would have been a give away, even for a foolish child such as yourself.’

The new faces sit down at the table and are given our meager meal. A few slices of rye bread and some cheese that smelled horrible. The man was obviously well refined as he ate delicately with a fork and knife that he had unraveled from his bag. The girl sat and prodded the food with one of our forks. She looked bored or tired. I speak up and tell a joke to cheer the girl up.

‘It was a terrible joke it seems’

True, she was annoyed afterwards wasn’t she. She stared at me for the rest of the dinner, her eyes vacant of any thought or reasoning. It wasn’t until after my father had given the man some wine that he had spoken to the girl. Those words were clear and unmistakable. “If you are hungry you may eat.” A simple sentence that meant nothing to me, that is until her she smiled deviously. Her eyes were no longer empty, but they were primal now, seeking something to hunt and kill. My father noticed this but couldn’t react quick enough to the oncoming onslaught. In an instant the blonde woman’s arm tore apart and revealed rippling muscles and dense golden fur. Her fingers each ended with a blade like talon. In an instant her arm slid itself into my father’s gut and then through the other side of him.

Blood is now running down the walls and my face. I can’t move as I stare at my mother, unmoving as she lies on the floor. Her face is pale, but I don’t know why. The eyes move themselves towards me, coming out of nowhere like the storms that happen every night. They sit motionless inches from my face now, shining like brass instruments as thunder played the drums from high above us. Those eyes had found more prey and now felt more alive than they were earlier. A sharp pain rises in my side and a howl of anger erupts from the blackness behind those eyes. I can feel the room getting hotter and hotter. A man is now standing outside my home and beast stands next to him. The man’s eyes are black as his body emits dark purple flames that lick my house like it is a treat. They smile and turn away as the purple fire begins to find its way to me. If only my tears were enough to drown it, but even the rain could not stop this hellish fire as it whipped at my skin, caressing my eyes will violent jabs of light. I bolt upright in my bed, drenched in cold sweat.

’11 years and you still fear that beast? I thought you were going to hunt and kill it.’

“I am. It’s just an old childhood fear. It won’t get in-“

‘Are you sure it won’t?’

“I’m not a scared girl like I was then.”

‘Yet you still fear becoming a lycanthrope. Becoming bitten by one.’

“It won’t be a problem as long as we have this pact though. You keep my blood silvered.”

‘You really are a pathetic creature. Even while knowing this you still fear the pain’

“You’re one to talk, trapped in a little girl. How desperate you must have been after waiting in the mud for so long.”

‘The age and gender of a pact bearer holds no sway in your capabilities to fulfill our contract.’

“Gods I hate you sometimes.”

‘You and I both know you have forsaken gods from the moment you found me during that mudslide.’

“Let’s change the subject. Is it morning yet?”

‘Yes and I suggest we get moving, there is a caravan heading to our destination and I am quite parched.’

“Very well, were have I set you again?”

‘The left corner of the room, opposite the bed.’

I walk stumble in the darkness and place my hand along the walls. I begin to make my way to the door of the room I have rented and I find myself close to the source of my irritation this morning. I grasp the cold bone handle of my sword and rejoice for a moment as the world around me fills with colors and shapes. Once again I can see the world around me. The poorly sewn carpet and dirty sheets of this run down in. Most of the wood on the walls looks like it is splintering from age and the unmistakable smell of mold comes from the ceiling. “I wish I had more money.”

‘You could always kill a few more travelers like you used to do’

“No. I’m done killing innocent people and taking what belongs to them. You know that –"

‘Yes I know you have that foolish notion to help others but you can’t do that without helping yourself first.’

“Can we go now?”

‘You are the one with the legs.’

I pull my bag over my shoulder and stop. It feels lighter than usual. I set my bag back down and search through it. An extra pair of clothes, some woodworking tools, some forging tools, a bedroll, 2 water skins, a few rations and…

“MY GOLD IS MISSING!” I stand up and growl under my breath.

‘That bar keep was in hear last night, riffling through your things.’

“AND YOU DIDN’T WAKE ME?”

‘You would have been a blind woman with an unknown assailant in your room, what would you have done without me? Regardless we can go settle the matter down stairs.’

“I’m not killing him.”

‘You don’t have to, you just have to go and get your money back.’

“No, he can just have-“

‘How will you pay for the Caravan?’ I become silent. He knows he has me where he wants me. I sling my bag over my shoulder in defeat and trudge downstairs. I walk over to the barkeep and cleave my sword into his bar top between two customers.

“Hand over my stolen gold now you old shit before things get dicey.”

“I-I don’t-“

“5”

“I’m going to call the guards!”

“4”

“Uh- uh”

“3”

‘Release me girl!’

“2”

‘NOW BEFORE THE COWARD CAN DO ANYTHING’

“Here! Have your gold back! JUST LEAVE MY ESTABLISHMENT!”

I smile as I feel the disappointment in my blade. I rip my blade from the counter top and take the small bag of gold from the man. I then walk toward the caravansary and put my name on the charter for the town that was pointed out by my blade. I sigh as I realize it costs my last 5 gold, but it’s worth it if it will bring me one step closer.

Post by Ippy on Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:40 pm

What would be good favored enemies/terrains?
    Nailo41

Post by Nailo41 on Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:42 pm

Watermelons and deserts
    Nailo41

Post by Nailo41 on Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:22 pm

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/louis-porter-jr-design/machinesmith#TOC-Machinesmith-Trick
    would I be able to play this class
    Rock'emSock'emRabbi

Post by Rock'emSock'emRabbi on Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:42 am

Yeah that's fine

Post by FrenchPopo on Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:04 pm

Name: Urgan Shulong
    Race: Half-orc
    Heigth:
    Weight:
    Hair:
    Eye:
    Languages: Orc & Dwarven

Class: Skald

HP: 84
    STR: 16
    DEX: 14
    CON: 18
    INT: 8
    WIS: 7
    CHA: 18

Drawbacks:
    Spoiler:
    Party like a Rock God or else (Hedonist)
    Whenever you spend a day without gaining reward or treasure (at least 10 or more gold pieces) or spending an hour on entertainment or pleasure, attempt a DC 20 Fortitude save at the end of that day. If you fail, you begin the next day fatigued. This fatigue lasts 4 hours, or until you receive a reward or sufficient entertainment or pleasure.
    Traits:
    Spoiler:
    City-Raised
    Lose Weapon Familiarity, Gain +2 Local Knowledge

Items:
    Spoiler:
    Cloak of the Pact: Summon Wispwolf HP:(2+Cha)xlvl, AC:12, Speed 30, At:bab+cha,dmg: 1d6+Cha+Wis. Summoning: Spend bardic music. 1st free, everyone after cost an additional Music(Wolfs:Music, 1:1, 2:2, 3:4, 4:7, 5:11...)

Wristbands of Physical Might +2

Skills:
    Spoiler:

Feats:
    Spoiler:

Recovered Rage
    Whenever you reduce a foe to 0 or fewer hit points while you are raging or using raging song, you regain 1 round of rage or raging song (your choice if you have both abilities), as long as the number of Hit Dice that foe possesses are equal to or greater than 1/2 your character level. You cannot use this feat to regain more rounds of rage or raging song than your daily maximum number of rounds.

Toughness
    You gain +3 hit points. For every Hit Die you possess beyond 3, you gain an additional +1 hit point. If you have more than 3 Hit Dice, you gain +1 hit points whenever you gain a Hit Die (such as when you gain a level).

Extra Rage Power (Lesser Spirit Totem)
    Benefit: While raging, the barbarian is surrounded by spirit wisps that harass her foes. These spirits make one slam attack each round against a living foe that is adjacent to the barbarian. This slam attack is made using the barbarian’s full base attack bonus, plus the barbarian’s Charisma modifier. The slam deals 1d4 points of negative energy damage, plus the barbarian’s Charisma modifier.

Extra Rage Power (Renewed Vigor)
    Benefit: As a standard action, the barbarian heals 1d8 points of damage + her Constitution modifier. For every four levels the barbarian has attained above 4th, this amount of damage healed increases by 1d8, to a maximum of 5d8 at 20th level.

Special: This power can be used only once per day and only while raging.

Class Abilities:
    Spoiler:
    Lesser Energy Resistance (Fire)
    Benefit: While raging, the barbarian gains resistance to one energy type (acid, cold, electricity, fire, or sonic) equal to 1/2 her barbarian level (minimum 1). The energy type is chosen when this rage power is selected and it cannot be changed.

Renewed Vitality
    Benefit: While raging, the barbarian ignores the effect of 1 point of ability penalty or damage per two barbarian levels she has (maximum 10). Once per day, when a barbarian with ability penalties or damage ends her rage, she can reroll a saving throw, if any, against an effect that imposed an ability penalty or dealt her ability damage. If successful, she removes an amount of ability penalty or damage equal to the amount she can ignore while raging.

Bio

Spoiler:

Personality
    Spoiler:
    Loves to party. 'Nuff said.

Last edited by FrenchPopo on Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:29 pm; edited 6 times in total

Post by Nailo41 on Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:13 pm

Name: Colt
    Race: Android
    Class: Machinesmith
    Stats:
    Str 10
    Dex 16
    Con 14
    Int 18
    Wis 12
    Char 5
    Bio:
    Trait- Called Once per day upon rolling a natural 1 on an attack roll, you may reroll the die and take the second result instead.
    Drawback- Command Word
    Drawback- Animal Animosity You suffer a -2 penalty on all Handle Animal and Ride skill checks, and cannot take 10 with these skills. Additionally animals and magical beasts select you as a target in preference of other targets (as long as doing so does not put the attackers in some obvious additional risk), and such creatures gain a +2 morale bonus to attack rolls made against you.

Feats- Rapid Reload, Point Blank Shot
    Background:
    Chris Nohak was an old man. His wife had passed away several years ago and he was never blessed with any children. Nohak was an inventor of sorts and he focused mainly on constructs. In order to have room for such inventions, Nohak lived far away from town. He rarely had any visitors and the loneliness was weighing down on him. Even though there were many constructs constantly moving around his place none of them showed any sign of life. This only made his loneliness worse. 
    One night Nohak snapped. He destroyed his most prized constructs and starting melding them together. He was going to make the ultimate construct, but it couldn't be just a machine. Nohak wanted something he could talk with, laugh with and cry with. He knew he'd need something special to use as the core for this invention. He jumped on his horse and rushed into town. There he found a boy, not even in his teens yet, just wandering the streets alone. Nohak ran at the boy knocking him unconscious. He threw him on his horse and took him back home. Unfortunately a passing blacksmith named Daren saw Nohak leaving town with the unconscious boy, so he followed after him. 
    Daren was no match for the horses speed and by the time he got to Nohak's house it was too late. Daren found the front door left open and a blood trail leading upstairs. The sounds of chanting and metal grinding were the only things Daren could hear. He rushed up the stairs and kicked open the door. His senses overflowing with the vision of the boy skinned and gutted lying on the floor were to much for him. He immediately began to vomit and by the time he got it under control the chanting had stopped. Nohak on his knees was staring at Daren with the most sinister smile on his face. 
    He said to the him "I've done it, it's alive."
    Daren rushed him and plunged his sword through Nohak's chest. 
    "It's too late my friend, there's no turning it back." As Nohak's lungs began to fill with blood he said one last thing to the guard. "Please take care of my son." Nohak's body now lifeless fell to the floor. Daren turned to the thing on the table. He wasn't' for sure what he was  looking at. On the table lay what appeared to be a human teenage boy. On closer examination it appeared to have electricity running through its veins. Also on the center of its chest were very small words the Daren could barely make out. It seemed to be some kind of instruction manual. After awhile the thing woke up. It stared at Daren as Daren could only stare back at it. Then the thing began to speak.
    "Who am I."
    Struggling to find words at first, Daren finally managed to speak. "You are Colt and your are my son."
    Three years had passed since that night and Daren never spoke to a sole about it. He had taught colt the way of his trade and was rather impressed. Colt had a natural ability to create things, however his people skills could use lots of work. Later that year the plague had hit their small town and Daren wasn't one of the lucky ones. In his final moments he told colt the truth about the night he had found him. Colt listened to every word and when Daren was finished, Colt could only nod. Colt had already figured out most of the details from that night. Memories of the child that is a part of him, kept reappearing in his thoughts. Daren spoke one last thing to Colt before passing on," Don't let anyone read what is written on your chest my boy, otherwise your life will not be as free. 
    Now having nothing binding him to this town Colt left, taking with him only the bare essentials from his father's shop.
    Sorry if the background sucks, I'm not good at writing these things

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:38 am