Jade Regent IC

Elit3Fla5h

Jade Regent IC

Post by Elit3Fla5h on Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:07 am

Ok guys. This thread is where your characters can interact with NPCs and each other away from the table. Starting after next session (8/21/2014) I will be posting the campaign events from the NPCs point of view. This can be anything from a simple night in the caravan to important events that can sway the way the entire caravan works. So if you don't feel confident with RP IRL this is an opportunity to get some relationship points with the four NPCs and flush out your characters.

Re: Jade Regent IC

Post by Elit3Fla5h on Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:20 am

I'm afraid I don't have time to give a very thorough post this time so I am just gonna post where the NPCs are and the revevant information. The Caravan will leave in 3 days.

Ameiko
    Ameiko is at her tavern for most days. She is in high spirits right now.

Koya
    Koya spends her time in her home. She is also in high spirits.

Sandru
    Sandru has recently gotten back from another caravan trip and is staying at Koyas to rest. He is tired but willing to take off so soon thanks to Ameiko insistence.

Shalelu
    She has just gotten back and is staying at the rusty dragon.

Feel free to start a conversation with any of them or each other.

Last edited by Elit3Fla5h on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Baby T on Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:13 pm

Hey sandru sorry to bother you... i just wanted to say im glad that we can work together again and if its ok with you, id like to continue being your guard for the caravan.

Post by Elit3Fla5h on Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:44 am

Sandru Vhiski laid sprawled in the shade of a small tree. Idly lounging with his hands behind his and staring at clouds; he was the picture of relaxed. After such a long caravan trip to and back from Korvosa and his trip up and around the lands of the Linnor Kings exhausted didn't begin to cover how he felt. He closed his eyes and sighed at the thought of taking off on yet another trip in only a few days.

Ameiko Kaijitsu had greeted him as soon as he had entered her tavern with a full mug of ale, dinner, and a devious smile. Alarm bells went off in his head at that and his instincts had told him that he should have given a quick greeting and retreated, but the smell of a well cooked meal after so long on the road had overridden his hesitation.¬¬¬ The meal had gone well and they had a friendly conversation, just as he was starting to think that his instincts were wrong Ameiko’s smile had turned into a large grin and handed him a piece of paper saying that “Our friends found an old letter recently, I translated it for you!” A few minutes and mugs of ale latter he had agreed to travel to Brinewall. Sandru cracked a smile; He supposed it would not be so bad. It had been years since he has seen Ameiko so excited and this was a trip more of pleasure than work.

The sound of footsteps brought him out of his musing. He turned to see Damien standing there with the same gun on his back and same stoic face as ever.

“Hey Sandru sorry to bother you... I just wanted to say I’m glad that we can work together again and if it’s ok with you, I’d like to continue being your guard for the caravan.”
    Sandru let out a laugh. “I heard Ameiko managed to rope you in. Well welcome back my boy, hope you enjoyed your vacation.” Sandru sat up. Ameiko had only mentioned in passing about the acquisition of the letter and he was interested in what his pseudo little brother was up to. “If you're not busy Damien do you mind telling me how Ameiko came across that letter?"

Post by FrenchPopo on Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:00 am

Just like every other morning, Grüt shuffles into the Rusty Dragon all ready to hear the same response from Ameiko.. "Has Ameiko seen Shalelu?" Grüt asks.

Post by Elit3Fla5h on Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:59 am

@popo
    When you walk in you see Ameiko leaning on the bar and talking talking to a woman. At the sound of your voice she looks up and smiles at the same time the woman turns and you see cool blue eyes fall on you. Shalelu looks you up and down pausing at each piece of jewelry and chuckles. "Nice to see you again Grüt, you were looking for me?" Her voice is smooth with only a subtle hint of amusement.

Post by FrenchPopo on Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:19 am

[I only have the hairpin right now; all the other stuff is at home]

Grüt stops as soon as he sees Shalelu *heavy breathing* feeling nervous all of a sudden *breathing intensifies* he steps back out of the bar to catch his breath. He then walks back through the door with his chest puffed out and a grin on his face. "SHALELU!" Grüt shouts and rushes forward towards the two ladies at the bar. (So much for keeping it cool.) "Shalelu, Grüt has been waiting long time to give you this. *offers the gold ivory hairpin with the red pearl decorate* Found it on last adventure with Koya's family and my new best friend Monkey, Kirby, and his master." Grüt sits staring, eagerly awaiting Shalelu's response.

Post by Elit3Fla5h on Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:40 pm

Her eyes widen slightly as she looks at the hairpin. She gives a friendly smile then shakes her head. "I'm sorry Grüt but I this looks very valuable, I can't accept this."

Post by FrenchPopo on Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:50 pm

Grüt takes a few seconds to process the response, as his eyes slowly dim and his smile slowly droops. "Oh.. Grüt thought it would suit Shalelu.. Very pretty like her.." (SWAG) Then Grüt remembered something. "Oh! Will Shalelu be here for some time? Grüt found other things too!" Without awaiting the response this time (too excited, can't help it), he rushes home to grab the rest of the jewelry.

(Insert jump in time)

Grüt returns to the Rusty Dragon with the bangles and necklace found in the bodyguard's chest. [If Shalelu is there still] "These better for Shalelu?" begging her with his eyes to accept them for his sake.

Post by Rock'emSock'emRabbi on Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:53 pm

My giggle turns into an all out laugh as Grüt  rushes out of the tavern.

During the time lapse I catch up with her and ask how her travels have been and if she would like to go hunting?

Post by Nailo41 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:37 pm

So we can interact with [Rockem] too right? Seeing as he's an npc and all Wink
    Rock'emSock'emRabbi

Post by Rock'emSock'emRabbi on Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:40 pm

We can interact all night long [Nailo]!

Post by Elit3Fla5h on Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:41 pm

As of [Rockem's] new backstory he has been upgraded to PC. Also try to keep questions and other out of character stuff in the other Jade regent thread.

Last edited by Elit3Fla5h on Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Nailo41 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:43 pm

O GOD... I'm sorry [Rockem], I dont think my character would  be into spider monkeys on a sexual level
    Nailo41

Post by Nailo41 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:49 pm

So during the first day id go hunting with maki, making sure the caravan has plenty of food. I take the normal portion home and as I hand Koya the food to be cooked for dinner I swallow my pride and ask, "Koya would you be willing to teach me how to cook? I think im old enough to learn how to some proper womanly things around the house."  As I say this my face becomes flush and I avoid eye contact with her.
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h on Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:13 pm

@popo, @Rabbi
    Shalelu watched Grüt leave with a pitying and questioning look. He was a sweet man, amusing, but a little dense. Shalelu heard a snicker behind her from Ameiko and was about to turn around when she noticed the familiar face of Radius hop up next to her at the bar. The little Halfling gave her a quick greeting and began to strike up a conversation. It was a pleasent one as and she talked of the few interesting points of her journey. Finally he asked if she was up for a little hunting. "I just got back and would like to take the rest of today easy. Tomorrow morning perhaps?" As she finished the door burst open again and Grüt stepped through with hands full of jewelry.
    "These better for Shalelu?"
    She carefully looked at the hand fulls of necklaces and bobbles. They all (except for a select few) looked to be very valuable and had mixed feelings about them. It was sweet of him to think of her but this was too much. "Grüt, I do not wear Jewelry." His face took on a devastated look and she quickly added "Thank you for the thought though..."

Post by Rock'emSock'emRabbi on Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:20 pm

I pat Grut on the Back and buy him several drinks

Then explain how shiny jewelry is counter-productive while hunting.

Last edited by Rock'emSock'emRabbi on Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post by FrenchPopo on Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:22 pm

Grüt's heart was crushed. "Okay.. Grüt understand. Grüt will try better to find things Shalelu likes. What should I do with these? Can we use them for the trip?"

Radius slides a drink over. Grüt takes it and downs it. He glances over at Radius and smiles a little. "Thanks, this make Grüt feel much better." Forgetting that he had just asked Shalelu a question, he walks over to the bar and orders a few more drinks. "Yes, make Grüt feel much better..." Radius then went on to explain why jewelry is counter-productive to hunting, but Grüt didn't really listen.. He pondered what he could get Shalelu that she would accept graciously.

Last edited by FrenchPopo on Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Rock'emSock'emRabbi

Post by Rock'emSock'emRabbi on Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:24 pm

"I don't think caravans wear Jewelry either Grut..."

(Whispering to grut): If you want, i think i know a way that you can impress Shabalabadingdong?

Post by Elit3Fla5h on Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:51 pm

@Nailo
    Koya is standing in the kitchen when you return and hand her the food. She thanks you like always and slams it on the counter to begin chopping into it before you speak.  "Koya would you be willing to teach me how to cook? I think I'm old enough to learn how to do some proper womanly things around the house."
    Koya looks at you and and begins to rub her chin as she appears to be in deep thought. After a minute she finally shrugs and grins wide. "I think that would be a wonderful idea! I suppose I need to start passing on some of my secrets." She lets out a bark of laughter and begins to speak. "Cooking is actually very easy you know! You just have to remember the golden rule... it's all in the look!" She emphasizes the last part of her statement with a swing of her arm. "For example today I am going to make stew. Now, what makes stew stew?" You open your mouth to speak but she runs right over your sentence. "It's brown and thick with stuff in it of course!" she declares triumphantly. "Now watch and learn young one!" Koya proceeds to cut up, meat, vegetables, and  herbs without any rhyme or reason and throws them into a boiling pot of water. You watch as she throws large amounts of flower into the water to thicken it and adds some sort of coloring to make it brown."And when you have it looking like you want..." She then opens a drawer and pulls out a very used looking stick and continues "you use your trusty wand of prestidigitation and bam! You get delicious stew in 15 minutes flat."

Post by Rock'emSock'emRabbi on Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:56 pm

Flower

Post by Baby T on Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:17 pm

Damien pulls up a seat and sits with sandru, pulls out his notepad and then begins to inform him of the information of the last trip.

Post by FrenchPopo on Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:08 pm

Grüt's ears perked up a little. "You have idea to make Shalelu happy?" Grüt turns and gets his face really close to Radius's. "Please, tell Grüt what do."
    Nailo41

Post by Nailo41 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:20 pm

I thank Koya for her wisdom and proceed to eat dinner, wondering whether or not this is how this meal actually tastes. Afterwards i head over to the tavern and look for Ameiko, maybe she can teach me how to cook without cheating
    Rock'emSock'emRabbi

Post by Rock'emSock'emRabbi on Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:40 am

*Hands Grut a sling*
    "Now all you have to do is go into the forest and bring back the biggest thing you can catch and then present it as an offering... or you could just learn how to play the lute. Bitches love lutes."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:32 pm