Unlimited

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Game Next

Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Game Next Empty Game Next

Post by Ippy Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:34 pm

I've resolved to attempt to make a new forum game (however foolishly), and would like to see if and where the group's interests lie. In other words, I would appreciate it if you would post what you might be willing to play or if your willing at all. Here are the strands of game concepts of I've come up with:

Not So Fire Emblem
    Game Seeds: Fire Emblem, Riftworld
    This is a proposal to continue the current fire emblem game. I feel that if I make a program a fair amount of the work would be shifted off of me and I would be able to post more responsively. I'm not sure if that's why the game halted like it did though.
    Challenge: Making the program, Creating the maps

Mythos Abhorreat
    Game Seeds: Everwar, Utopia, Wrath Unleashed
    This would be a TBS game where the players are godlike beings. The godlike beings would often be at odds with each other, or in conflict, given that they can represent conflicting ideals. Since direct assaults against the godlike beings are pretty much pointless (and considered poor sport/reflection of low intellect), it has become the social norm for the gods to compete through the efforts of mortals, occasionally enlightening them of the best path. By manipulating mortals players/godlikes would gain/improve territories, accomplishing some higher goal. Roleplaying mostly optional.
    Challenge: Deciding PvE, PvP, or Diplo. Creation of massive lore and hero backgrounds. Events. Controlling possible "AI."

Silver
    Game Seeds: Skies of Arcadia, Grandia II
    I already started a development thread on silver, so you can skim that for a general gist of the game. I would rework the rules to make the game simpler and port it to the forum. I would likewise revist the story, though probably leave it widely intact.
    Challenge: Creation of equipment, spells, actions, creatures. Moderate roleplay.

Pirates?
    Game Seeds: Tradewinds, Shattered Galaxy, Skies of Arcadia
    In this game players would control a crew member of a vessel (spaceship/boat/flying boat?). Gameplay would center around port hopping, exploration, and vessel-based combat (with each crew member getting an action (turn based-ish?) to help the battle effort). I could just one-piece the story, and go for more episodic/arc type play.
    Challenge: World Creation, equipment/rules, minor roleplay, occasional creation of story arcs.

???
    Game Seeds: Everwar, Forged of Western Rock
    This game would story-wise be a prequel of Mythos Abhorreat. It'd be a final attempt for a heavy-roleplay game, like Wrought from the Coffin (and I thus accordingly regard it with skepticism). Players would play one participant (or maybe both) of a superhuman/wizard and human duo. A good comparison would be the servant/master relationship in fate-stay-night. The game would probably escalate into saving the world as an emotionally troubled teenager.
    Challenge: Walls of writing. Teh plot.

???
    Game Seeds: Necromunda, Mythos Abhorreat
    Players would control a 'gang' type entity, and could roleplay freely/optionally with their gang. Gameplay would consist of turf wars and the nurturing of gang members. This would likely be PvP or have elements thereof, and could feature or could lack an overarching story. Regardless, there would probably be an event system.
    Challenge: Porting Necromunda rules or creating new system, World Creation. Cost of creating a new system.

Leon Nine
    I leave this for tabletop, so never.
    FrenchPopo
    FrenchPopo

Game Next Empty Re: Game Next

Post by FrenchPopo Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:39 pm

Well my vote is Fire Emblem, of course!
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:15 pm

On second thought I vote for Silver. I think more people would like that.

Last edited by Elit3Fla5h on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:19 pm

Well, I attempted, and came to the realization that there is no way I'd sanely manage the above concurrently with DnD. Maybe I'll have a change of heart and dive fully into both anyway. Maybe.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:51 pm

Game Next 13876810

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:41 pm