Unlimited

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Ippy
Raxistaicho
FrenchPopo
7 posters

Leegue of Legands

Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Leegue of Legands - Page 9 Empty Re: Leegue of Legands

Post by Raxistaicho Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:30 pm

Raxistaicho.

Second match went better; got 4 champ kills in Smile

Loving Ahri's Ultimate, works wonders against enemies who try to flee her (which is where I got 3 of my kills from XD)
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:38 pm

If you get a random friend request from a pokemon, that would be one of us. I'm sure we'd all enjoy to play with you and have you on our voice chat channel.
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:18 pm

A rather consistent problem I'm having in bot play is multiple bot champs coming at me out of nowhere at my lane. Are players as likely to do this? Seriously, it seems like in the later stages all five bot champs will just rush at me on a single lane at once.
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:52 pm

You should really stop playing bot games.  It will make you develop bad habits and actual players will roll over you.
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:44 am

I was only doing that to get my feet wet Smile

I'll switch to actual players.

(I'm expecting actual players to run me over either way :p)
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:20 am

What are some good female tanks?

Post by Guest Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:40 pm

Lenona, Nautilus, Sejuani, Shyvana, Vi ish~
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:34 pm

Anivia, Lulu, LeBlanc, Diana, Soraka, Poppy, Liss... they all could probably remain effective while building primarily tanky (it just might not be their optimal path or feel as optimal as another champion pick). Granted, of every champion we named the only proper tank is Sejuani: she can build purely tank while still doing enough damage to force targeting as well as follow up hard engages with soft CC. Nautilus is the same, but is male. Leo follows her hard engages with hard CC, but her damage mostly comes from her passive which becomes useless if you kill her friends, so targeting Leo is second priority.
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:22 pm

Is Ahri considered a Mid or an ADC?
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:12 pm

ADC means ad carry which refers to champs that abilities scale off of Attack Damage items like BF sword or a black cleaver and are ranged.
    All of Ahri's abilities scale off ability power making her an AP champ. She also does not have any tanky abilities or is naturally tanky making her primary role that of a mage and mages usually go mid.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:58 pm

Leegue of Legands - Page 9 Female10
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:37 pm

Biggest problem with Ahri is minions getting in the way of Charm. Obviously most champs aren't stupid enough to just chase me away from any minions, and once the minions are out of my way, other champs tend to make with the evasive maneuvers.
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:52 pm

League wrote:Once, Nautilus was a sailor commissioned by the Institute of War to explore the uncharted reaches of the Guardian's Sea. This expedition took him deep into unknown waters where he and his crew found a vast section of black oozing liquid that none of the crew could identify.

Nautilus minus depth suit:
    Leegue of Legands - Page 9 351388-muk
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:54 pm

I think nautilus is more akin to this guy now.
    Leegue of Legands - Page 9 Alphonse-Elric-akimamg-15618187-500-889
    FrenchPopo
    FrenchPopo

Post by FrenchPopo Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:25 pm

Elit3Fla5h wrote:ADC means ad carry which refers to champs that abilities scale off of Attack Damage items like BF sword or a black cleaver and are ranged.
    All of Ahri's abilities scale off ability power making her an AP champ. She also does not have any tanky abilities or is naturally tanky making her primary role that of a mage and mages usually go mid.

Ahri can also be considered an ap assassin (not just mage) because her single target burst is extremely high; another example would be Le Blanc. Generally speaking, AP champs are bursty with their abilities while ADCs depend on their auto attacks for their damage; like Elit3 said, it also means that their abilities will scale off of AD (attack damage) and not AP (Ability Power).

Just thought I would add this to also help distinguish against a mage like Ryze, who's considered tanky/durable compared to someone like Ahri or Le Blanc. Mages can be built differently, while ADCs will likely follow a similar build path every time.
    FrenchPopo
    FrenchPopo

Post by FrenchPopo Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:31 pm

Raxistaicho wrote:A rather consistent problem I'm having in bot play is multiple bot champs coming at me out of nowhere at my lane. Are players as likely to do this? Seriously, it seems like in the later stages all five bot champs will just rush at me on a single lane at once.

When I first started, I did bot games too. (I think Ippy and Elit3 rushed straight into player matches). Bot games are nice for getting a feel for using a certain character and learn their abilities. But yes, players are definitely a lot different. Once you play enough bot games, you get a feel for their responses to certain situations; for instance solo-pushing a second tier tower will probably result in 3 bots collapsing on you (for some reason, they always rush over to save towers no matter what lane they started in).

Also, you will start against players of similar level to you; granted, you could also be playing against people who just a started a new account and started lvling up (known as smurfs). They will probably wreck your face, but you can't let that get to you. The game luckily doesn't require too much of a skill cap to have fun with (all you have to do is find a few champs you can fall back and enjoy), but it is nice when you aren't getting facerolled all the time. Lol
    Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:47 pm

FrenchPopo wrote:
    Elit3Fla5h wrote:ADC means ad carry which refers to champs that abilities scale off of Attack Damage items like BF sword or a black cleaver and are ranged.

Ahri can also be considered an ap assassin (not just mage) because her single target burst is extremely high; another example would be Le Blanc. Generally speaking, AP champs are bursty with their abilities while ADCs depend on their auto attacks for their damage; like Elit3 said, it also means that their abilities will scale off of AD (attack damage) and not AP (Ability Power).

Just thought I would add this to also help distinguish against a mage like Ryze, who's considered tanky/durable compared to someone like Ahri or Le Blanc. Mages can be built differently, while ADCs will likely follow a similar build path every time.

I take it an Assassin is meant to dart in and kill off single champions as quickly as possible?

Yeah, I can see how that works; if you can land Charm your opponent will take some heavy damage before the effect wears off, and running from Ahri isn't exactly easy once she gets her Ult. Generally the only way a bot escapes from me once I have that is if they pretty much immediately make it to fellow champs or a tower.
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:20 am

Wow French, that was really well-said. The only thing I could add is that role is largely dependent on itemization. An Ahri with deathcap and deathfire's grasp is most assuredly an assassin (but still does considerable AOE damage due to her kit (abilities)). An Ahri with Rylai's Crystal Scepter and Athene's Unholy Grail is more of a sustained fighter with peeling capabilities (but can still assassinate weak targets by virtue of her kit).

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:15 pm

Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:26 pm

Went 6/0 in my last game!

Is it just me or is Ahri not as well-suited for Team Fights? I do well with her in 1 on 1, but generally if I'm trying to support my team I'll throw Charm against collections of enemy champs hoping to hit one, then try to burst down the person I hit.

In other news, I still need to work on my aim with Charm XD If I keep missing against decent players I won't be able to do anything.
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:51 pm

You should save your charm for the right target or saving someone's skin. Ahri's ult, q, and w are all AOE: she's a fine team-fighter (moreso if you're not going a deathfire's grasp route). Her q is literally fire and forget, it does full damage to everything it hits, is half true damage (meaning its still effective against tankier champs), and has a low cooldown. With the fox fire you have to be more concerned about whether or not all the fires will strike your prime target or if they'll spread out and AOE. You definitely don't want all them going to a tanky guy (unless you are peeling with a rylai's or popping a banshee's veil).
    FrenchPopo
    FrenchPopo

Post by FrenchPopo Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:26 am

THIS ONE'S FOR YOU ELITE!

FrenchPopo
    FrenchPopo

Post by FrenchPopo Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:51 am

And holy crap, the amount of times this probably took.. Well done for them. Lol

Raxistaicho
    Raxistaicho

Post by Raxistaicho Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:48 pm

Since Ahri's no longer free I switched to Akali, and DAYUM. She's pretty boss XD

In my last game, the later stages of the game was basically me choosing an enemy champ and going Q->R->E for the kill.

Unfortunately, the last game also involved a Feeder Master Yi, so we got snowballed by an enemy Jax anyways.

And I've been playing PVP now :)I personally have been doing fairly well, but I have rotten luck at being assigned teams; every game so far I've had to do deal with a feeder or somebody going AFK.

I haven't fully decided which is worse.

Post by Guest Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:02 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:05 am