Admin

Re: Star Wars Saga OOC

Post by Ippy on Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:17 pm

Name: Khyber
    Species: Shard
    Appearance: A small silver octahedron.
    Languages: Binary, Basic, High Galactic

Past:
    Khyber was born to Durindfire, an iron knight.  Khyber was surrounded by knowledge and ideologies dated prior to the Arkanian Revolution.  Rather than see his child pushed into the life of jedi during these dark times, Durindfire wished for Khyber to choose his own path and experience the galaxy.  Khyber, naturally curious, accepted his progenitor’s proposal that he should abandon Dweem and the other iron knights.  Khyber soon found himself aboard a trade ship under the care of an anx family.

The majority of Khyber’s life has been spent with the anx family, traveling from planet to planet within the confines of their resident trade ship.  During these journeys Khyber picked up what knowledge he could but grew increasingly dissatisfied with its incompleteness and artificiality.  Unable to comprehend the motives behind galactic history, Khyber felt all the information he was gathering was nothing more than a fictional story, empty sequences of events and facts.

While some of the anx slept in temporary, planetside furnishings, a thief stealthily sought their wealth.  Seizing his chance, Khyber logged a farewell message in an anx computer and permitted the thief to mistake him for a possible valuable.  He is now still within the thief’s possession, hoping to gain a closer understanding of life.
    Shard Racial Traits:
    Ability Modifiers: Str--, Dex--, +2 Wisdom. Shards spend an immortal life contemplating the universe.  Shards have no strength or dexterity due to the lack of an organic body.

Diminutive Size: Shards gain a +5 size bonus to their reflex defense and a +15 size bonus on Stealth checks.

Speed: A shard has no natural means of locomotion (0 squares).  A shard’s speed cannot be improved unless they gain some means of locomotion.

Primitive: Shards do not gain Weapon Proficiency (pistols, rifles, or heavy weapons) as starting feats at 1st level, even if their class normally grants them.

Bonus Skill: Shards trained in Use Computer gain Skill Focus (Use Computer) as a bonus feat.

Inorganic Mystery: Shards do not have the senses of organic beings, but can sense electric currents, crystal energies, and similar such forces within 6 meters (their natural line of sight).  Shards may take the force sensitive feat.

Electromagnetic: Shards can make use computer and pilot checks on any device/interface within their line of sight.  Shards may also communicate with droids and other shards this way. Shards are affected by ion damage as droids are.

Network Mind: Shards can receive and interpret data feeds from other shards and electronics as a free action.  They can likewise send data feeds as a free action.  A shard's senses may be expanded to include the senses of any willing droid, shard, or device sharing the same network.  Shards can participate in wireless networks, establish wireless networks, connect to the holonet, and operate as their own credit chip.

Crystalline: Shards are immune to the effects of poison, disease, radiation, vacuum, stun, noncorrosive atmospheric hazards, and any other reasonable effects.  Shards have DR15/- and +10 to their damage threshold.  Treat Injury checks performed on a shard are instead Knowledge (Physical Sciences) checks, requiring scientific tools and chemicals in place of medicinal equipment.  Shards may take second winds and receive healing from the force as normal.  Shards heal naturally, albeit at the rate of 1 HP per year.

Power Source: A shard can serve as a power source for a medium sized object without difficulty.  They may power large objects for a day before making endurance checks, huge objects for an hour, Gargantuan objects for five minutes, and colossal (frigate) sized objects for a grand total of zero seconds.  When powering a weapon a shard adds its level to damage and all of its insight, morale, circumstance, force, equipment, and miscellaneous bonuses to any attacks made by that weapon.  These bonuses are separate from the wielder of the weapon and thus stack.  A shard can refuse to add its bonuses or power an object, provided that the object isn't specially designed to extract power from unwilling crystals.

Mimic Energy: A shard can copy the energetic properties of energy cells, power cells, and lightsaber crystals.  A shard exposed to any of these items (or similar such items) can copy its attributes.  For instance, a shard which mimics an ilum crystal gives +1 to lightsaber attack rolls to any lightsaber it powers.  Unless the shard is mimicking another crystal, lightsabers and lasers it powers are the same color as itself.

Automatic Languages: Binary
    HP: 30/30
    BAB: 1
    Reflex:16
    Fortitude:11
    Will:15

Damage Threshold:11
    Force points: 5
    Destiny points: 1
    Credits: 0

CON: 10
    INT: 14
    WIS: 18
    CHA: 14

Feats:
    Skill Training (Use the Force, Galactic Lore, Physical Science, Technology)
    Weapon Proficiency (simple, lightsaber)
    Force Sensitivity
    Force Training

Talents:
    Telekinetic Savant

Powers:
    Force Whirlwind
    Force Grip
    Force Lightning
    Move Object
    Mind Trick

Last edited by Ippy on Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
    BiscuitMann

Post by BiscuitMann on Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:31 pm

That is going to feel odd getting used to a small octahedron float onto the battlefield wielding the force with complete will power. Also, how does it talk?
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h on Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:18 am

lol, no
     He has no sense other than the force and electric waves.

Post by BiscuitMann on Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:05 pm

So how does it communicate? Also, go post in the coffin forum.
    Nailo41

Post by Nailo41 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:12 pm

BACKGROUND:
    Hails from Foamwater City. Parents are some of the wealthiest among all the nobles. For the most part I was a well behaved kid... at least for a noble. During the day I kept to my room sleeping. During the night it was party time. Didn't do anything illegal at these parties; at least not that the cops can prove. Would've been a swell life if it hadn't been for that stupid Quarren. One night got a little too drunk and a stupid Quarren got all up in my face. Bastard drew a knife on me, so I shot him. Following morning my parents had me packed up and on my way to some unfamiliar planet. Father sent me with his personal blaster rifle and my mother set up an account full with money too make sure I was "prepared." Now it's just my favorite servant and I in this dull universe. Hopefully mom's trust fund doesn't run out anytime soon.
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:32 pm

Communication?
    Whats this, "communication?"
    Khyber just shoots Force Lightning at electromagnetic anomalies to see what happens.

Although, I suppose he could request a friendly computer to throw up some words on a display screen.  Maybe ask a nice recording device what people are saying.  A comlink could be his voice and ears, if said comlink was an open channel or lacked encryption.
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h on Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:36 pm

Name: Sage Sunfell
    Species: Human replica droid (appears female)
    Class: Soldier 1
    Languages: Basic, Binary, Mon Calamarian, Quermian

HP: 30

Reflex: 17
    Fortitude: 14
    Will: 10

Damage Threshold: 14
    BAB: 1
    Speed: 6
    Force Points: 4

STR: 10
    DEX: 20
    CON: -
    INT:16
    WIS: 8
    CHA: 6

Skills:
    Initiative +10
    Mechanics +10
    Perception +6
    Pilot +10
    Treat injury +4
    Use Computer +8

Talents:
    Jet pack training

Feats:
    Tech Specalist

Armor proficiency (light)
    Armor Proficiency (medium)
    Weapon Proficiency (pistols)
    Weapon Proficiency (rifles)
    Weapon Proficiency (simple)

Items:
    Blaster Pistol
    Jet pack
    Utility belt
    Medpac
    Tool kit
    Liquid cable dispenser (15 meters)
    Fuel Cell
    Power pack X5
    Knife
    Credits: 45

Systems: Walking Locomotion, heuristic processer, 2 hand appendages, Locked access, darkvision, improved diagnostics package, vocabulator, Internal comlink, internal grappling gun, magnetic feet.

Last edited by Elit3Fla5h on Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Elit3Fla5h on Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:47 pm

I keep updating the first post so it is generally a good idea to check it. I updated some important stuff so Im posting this to tell you.

Post by Elit3Fla5h on Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:05 pm

http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/uned-dod

Here is the campaign page guys. Your invites should be e-mailed already.
    I'll update the first post as well.

Post by Rock'emSock'emRabbi on Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:21 pm

Well i almost started making a Gungan... but i figured it'd just be more annoying than entertaining...

Post by Elit3Fla5h on Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:40 am

Biscuit is going to be out for little more than a week cause of family stuff so this is on hold until then unless we get another person.

Post by Elit3Fla5h on Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:13 pm

When Biscuit gets back I'll throw him in with same experience as everyone else.

Post by Rock'emSock'emRabbi on Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:55 pm

Well i tryed Sad

lol

Post by Elit3Fla5h on Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:53 am

Updated second post for those that cant get invisible castle to work.

Post by Nailo41 on Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:15 pm

I don't know if its just my computer or what but neither of the websites used to roll dice arent working right. invisible castle wont even email me confirmation link and wiki dies every time i click roll. WTF!!!Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy on Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:50 pm

I'm just going to worry about updating the char sheet in invisible castle so I don't have to keep two in check.

Also, I hope Trevor's venture succeeds and all said friends are horrendously hideous and infected.
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h on Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:54 pm

Nailo41 wrote:I don't know if its just my computer or what but neither of the websites used to roll dice arent working right. invisible castle wont even email me confirmation link and wiki dies every time i click roll. WTF!!!Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Really? Ummmmmm... Dude

I may have to roll for everyone if you cant get it to work.
    What exactly is wrong?

Post by Elit3Fla5h on Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:51 pm

Ok, I'm going to keep a decent pace with the game. Try to post at least once a day but I will understand if you can't. If you take too long however I will force it along. Right now I'm leaning with a two day limit give or take.

If there are any concerns just voice them, I am flexible.

Post by Elit3Fla5h on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:04 pm

Ok, since SOME of us can't get the other dice roller to work, here is a third option.

http://orokos.com

And a test link with the bbcode
    More godamn tests cause Nailo's Comp is a huge derp.: 1d20 9

Post by Ippy on Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:10 pm

Loki, I'm fairly sure your bonus to Use the Force is 5 and not 10, unless you have something I missed (I was using your character sheet in the OOC, not invisible castle.
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h on Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:35 pm

It is not 5 nor 10, it is 7. It is Cha based and with a Cha of 14 it is a +2 to the skill. You only need to fix it on the obsidian portal. UTF is Cha based.

Post by LokiLeader on Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:45 pm

Shit i'm sorry. I got used to the house rules for my other group that Use the force was Wisdom based. It is 7 and now i have to change my character to accomadate her non-combat nature. Fuck

Post by BiscuitMann on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:41 pm

Not meaning to be fussy Loki, but blue is really hard to read with the current background.
    SuicideVirus

Post by SuicideVirus on Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:38 pm

Hey Everyone it's Alec. Wagner told me about this and I'd very much like to play. I've gotten all the books and read the house rules on this forum already and obviously made an account as well as rolled a character. Like I said I'd very much like to play. Here's all the info so you can decide if my character will fit. 

Name-Marik

Species- Human/Mandalorian Adopted
    Age- 29
    Class- Soldier level 1
    Languages- Basic, High Galactic

HP- 31

Reflex- 17
    Fortitude- 24
    Will- 12

Damage Threshold- 17
    BAB- 1
    Speed- 4
    Force Points- 4

STR-14
    DEX- 14
    CON- 12
    INT- 13
    WIS- 13
    CHA-14

Skills- Endurance +6
             Knowledge Tactics +6
             Mechanics +6
             Use the Force +7
    Talents- Armored Defense

Destiny- Destruction

Feats- Armor proficiency (light)
              Armor Proficiency (medium)
              Weapon Proficiency (pistols)
              Weapon Proficiency (rifles)
              Weapon Proficiency (simple)
              Armor Proficiency (Heavy) Soldier
              Force Sensitive (Human extra feat)

Items-Heavy Battle Armor 30kg
             Heavy Blaster Rifle 6kg
             Bayonet 1kg
             Utility Belt 4kg
             2 Medpacs 2kg
             2 30 Power Pack .4kg
             Field Kit 10kg
    Total weight 53.4kg
    Max weight   98kg
    Background: 
          Marik was an orphaned human from the outer rim that grew up on a planet that no one would bother to remember. He never knew his parents and was told he was a child of some soldier who was a casualty of the earliest beginnings of the clone wars. Abandoned on the planet of forgotten children of "obsolete" warriors that was a normal conscripted soldier for the clone armies. He was ostracized his entire childhood in the orphan because his temper had a habit of causing eerie and strange things to occur. One night a sudden explosion awoke him. Mandalorian remnants had come to his orphanage to abduct the children and raise them to be warriors. Many of the children and adults were executed, only the strong were taken. When it came to Marik the leader took one look at his gaunt frame and decided his death. He gave the order and a random trooper approached with a knife ready to gut him. The tall Mandalorian soldier grabbed him by the neck with one hand and lifted him up. Right before the knife was about to end his life an explosion of rage and a sound of thunder happened, the Mandalorian dropped dead to the ground with his head turned completely backwards. Marik had killed him with the force completely on instinct. Blasters were all turned to him the but the leader stopped them. The Force was always seen as a weakness to the Mandalorian but it was the force that destroyed their race countless times, the single obstacle that stopped absolute victory against the old republic. 

"You are a trial, you have killed one of us, earned his armor," the lead Mandalorian declared, "you will grow into his armor and fill his rank, you will become a Mandalorian and we will see if the force is a greater weapon in the hands of a Mandalorian than Jedi and Sith scum."

Marik was taken into their ranks and survived the extreme conditioning and initiation training. Whenever they raided a planet or trade ship with any force artifacts they were given to Marik to study until he had a basic enough understanding to make him an unstoppable warrior. Eventually the new Empire's iron grip found his Mandalorian clan and he was the only survivor. On the dying words of his leader he swore revenge and for the destruction of the Sith Empire and the Rise of the Mandalorian once again. He took his battle armor that he won by blood years ago, colored it black and a royal purple Mythosaur skull on his helmet face. He was no longer just Marik, he was now a Mandalore, the leader of his clan. All Mandalores take a title to distinguish themselves from the other Mandalores of history. He was now Mandalore the Ghost.

Admin

Post by Ippy on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:45 pm

I would just like to point out we're on a space station, which is, arguably, not a rock. It is fun to say rock though, given that like 2 of us have used it, and I like to say I'm a rock all the timez.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:30 pm