Wrought from the Coffin OOC

Ippy
    Admin

Wrought from the Coffin OOC

Post by Ippy on Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:26 pm

IC:
    Something was crawling on my skin. Crawling all over me, actually. It was wet, slow, unpleasant. I wiggled my body, trying to shake it off. Each of my sides hit a hard surface. What? I was, in a closed space. Pressed so close to my sides. My chest rose, lungs beginning to fill with panicked air.
    “ARRRHHHH!!!”
    The air felt like fire coursing through me. My back arched up, slamming my front against the upper wall. I wretched, but nothing came out and I only felt more burn. I squeaked in pain and misery. The noises stopped. I didn’t realize it until they were gone. There had been something scratching, clawing.

“Oh? You’re awake?” A voice from outside. I, it, sounded familiar. That accent… “I guess I’ll leave then.” Wordenhaul. That was the accent of Wordenhaul.
    “No!” I piped out. Don’t leave me alone here.
    “No? You can take it from here, I think. I’ll leave.”
    “No!” I pleaded again. I pushed up, seeing if I could get out. No budge.
    “Hm?” the outsider seemed perplexed.
    I squeaked again. I felt like I was crying. “Help!” I begged. “Help…” what was wrong with me? Why did I feel like this? It was so terrible. The burning hadn’t gone away.
    I heard the voice sigh. It was a man’s voice. “Alright, I’ll dig a little more.” The scratching and clawing noises resumed. I couldn’t find the words to thank him. But, dig? “But mind you, I’m leaving before you get out. I’m not going to be your first sight, vampire.”

…vampire? That’s right. I was dead. I had died. I shouldn’t be alive. I, by all rights, was not one of the living. Then why? Why did my throat burn so much?

------
    OOC:: Zee vampire-stealth game I was referring to iz here!

This game will be different from the others thus far in the sense that it will be much more independent. You will be expected to create your own story, form your own conflicts, and form your own connections to the other players. You will merely be operating in the world and rulebook that I as the Judge have lain down. Even so, I likely still will introduce an overarching story (secondary or not), and introduce significant events and characters.

Basic rule of thumb: If you hesitate about if you have control over something, ask. If something seems minor, feel free to play with it. If something seems major (for instance, a "Specialization Kill") I probably want my hand in it, so ask or inform me.

I apologize for the invasion, but I WILL edit your posts to correct any discrepancies or hard-to-believe's. Any player may request edits to another's.

EDIT:: For story, a good place to start is your character's morality and acceptance of being a vampire. Your character, for obvious reasons, may not kill themselves or try to put themselves in mortal danger. They may be on the brink of doing so, however (though if you take that path your character very well may have to kill themselves later).

Right right, now that that's been covered, here's how you actually start. You will post your character's name, gender, appearance (may include some amount of decay), starting stats, and starting abilities (you start with 350 ability points (AP) to spend). You will PM me with history/background, which you may edit to some extent as the game progresses. You start in a situation similar to the beginning of this post: buried, entombed, etc. A man helps you out, lets you know your in Wordenhaul and that you are a vampire, and then disappears before you emerge back into the world.

Now, for the icky fun stuff: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16549035/Wrought%20from%20the%20Coffin/Wordenhaul.docx
    This explains the workings of the game (mechanics) and lists all abilities to choose from. Since it is so long, I'll give you some hints concerning ability and stat selection.

On your first night (and next nights, depending how the first goes), your unlikely to encounter serious threats. You will want an ability-stat combination that allows you to overcome the average unsuspecting person. This is not hard to achieve. In fact, you could do it with zero stats, no abilities, and a good weapon.

Good starting abilities include but are not limited to:
    Warrior
    Shadow Meld->Assassin
    Claws
    Seduction
    Quick Drain
    Cannibal->Unhinge + 4 Str
    Lifeblood->Red Thirst
    Secretion + Paralyzing Venom or Disease Body
    Dead Flesh
    Black Magic 1 (Life Siphon) + 6 Evil
    Black Magic 1 (Eyebite)
    Demon Magic 1 (Temptation)
    Blight Magic 1 (Sludgeblood)

If you don't like these abilities, I recommend taking Shadow Meld and then whatever you want.

For starting stats, it is recommended you put one into Evil, or plan on taking an ability later that increases your Evilness (for classification reasons). Unless you take a stat-boosting ability, your stats on the first night will be less than an average person's (-50% blood penalty for zero blood), so how you choose to divide your points doesn't really matter unless your shooting for a starting score of 6 or higher.

Oh, and you should try to discern the whereabouts/identity of a specialization kill on your first night.

EDIT:: Refrences
    ----------------
    Characters:
    Aeric- Ippy 1
    Sylvester- Elite 1
    ???- Rockem 1
    ???- Box 4
    Alyssia- Loki 5
    Thanior- Nailo 5
    Borris- Biscuit 7
    ???- Kyuce 7
    Alana- French 7

Rockem's Questions 2
    Various Fluff/Background 3
    Base Stat Increasing Abilities 6
    Fey Magic 9

Last edited by Ippy on Thu May 30, 2013 9:50 pm; edited 6 times in total
    Elit3Fla5h

Re: Wrought from the Coffin OOC

Post by Elit3Fla5h on Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:14 pm

Will we have to fight Van Helsing?

Post by Elit3Fla5h on Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:05 pm

Sylvester Wainright
    Male
    Back Hair
    Brown eyes
    6'2" 200lb
    23 years old

Wears cloths fit for the middle class and has a usually well kept appearance with combed hair about two inches long, fair skin.

Health= 90/110 Ap=0 Blood=0 Specilization: Fightning
    Strength 7 (50%) 3.5
    speed 4 (50%) 2
    Evil 0 (50%) 0

Warrior
    +4 Strength +2 Speed +10 Health

Hound’s Prowl
    Can learn scents and distinguish smells. Keen sense of smell.

Survival Sense
    Sense danger, traps. Assess capabilities at a glance.

NightStalker
    at night get +2% for every 25 units of blood

Daywalker
    Can regenerate during the day and only need half as much sleep. -6 degeneration in direct sunlight

Weapon Master
    Skilled combatant

EDIT: And how does life blood work? How long does it last?

Killcount: 7

Spoiler:

Kate Silvward
    5'6" Shoulder length blond hair, blue eyes. 21 years old.
    Not of royal birth but they were raised as a Dane house 13 years ago and has been raised again as a royal house a little less than a year ago.
    The name "Silvward" comes from Silver Sword which comes from the ancient title "The Silver Sword." long ago before the Thanes came and before last names were common place there was an order called "The Silver Sword". A group of skilled combatants that came together to protect the common people from the dangers of the wild. Fighting with their silver swords they hunted down any evil beasts (vampires, werewolves, ghosts, etc...) they could find and became very adept at their self-given job. The Silver Sword was known as Honorable, strong, and smart; they were the only real opposition when the Thanic barbarians came. They were however very few when compared to the large opposing force and fell like all the others that fought back.
    The Silvward family members are direct descendants of the surviving members of The Silver Sword. The Family is regarded in the same light as their ancestors when it comes to Honor and combat (specifically with the super natural). Many Silvwards hold high positions in the military and known for undyingly loyal to their country.
    With the current head (Kate's father) being recently raised to Duke the entire family was raised along with him.

Now for Kate herself.
    The only girl of four siblings. Kate is the third born child and was treated and trained the same as her brothers. Out of the four siblings she is only second to her eldest brother whom is six years older than her. The second oldest holds jealousy against Kate for being pretty much better than him in just about everything. The youngest is the weakest of the four and looks up to his sister. All siblings are three years apart and have black hair and brown eyes except Kate.

She is respectful to authority but has a short temper that she does keep in check except when around people she feels comfortable with (Sylvester and her mother). She is hard on herself when she fails and fearless in battle. She is not as tomboyish as you may think mainly thanks to her mother who is herself very ladylike.

Mirsandy Silvward
    5'5"
    Blond Hair
    Blue eyes
    Age ???

Mother of Kate and wife to Arthur; Mirsandy is the picture of elegence and grace. She always wears a long silvery dress and has her hair tied up in a bun. She is always seen with a soft smile and speaks kindly to all in contrast with her stoic all buisness husband. She loves her family and is well respected.

Arthur Silvward
    5'11"
    Black Hair
    Brown eyes

Head of the family Arthur has tight muscles and fights and a strong frame. He is known as a strong, honorable, and just man and patrols the portion of the city around his house with his own guards. You will not find a more crime free part of the city as this area. He speaks only what needs to be said and is direct with his words, it is rare to see the man smile. When he gets his mind set on somthing it takes a force of nature (or his wife) to change it.

Last edited by Elit3Fla5h on Mon May 27, 2013 8:01 pm; edited 15 times in total

Post by Ippy on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:14 pm

Yes, you very well may have to fight Van Helsing. As for lifeblood, I'll add in a duration. It's 30 minutes, and the blood cost has been reduced from 20 to 15. The duration of Fleshbag has been set at 15 minutes of digestion.

I am thinking of startin this Thursday or Friday, possibly without consideration of the number of players.

EDIT:: BTW, your character has come back to life from the dead, so I'd imagine that death would be a integral part of your background.
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h on Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:02 pm

Don't worry about that, already got it planned out along with a nice little conflict and a specilaization kill.
    I could easily post the first two nights right now, have not come up with a nemisis yet though.

Post by Elit3Fla5h on Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:59 pm

Join the game dammit!
    I know you are reading this Rabbi.

Post by LokiLeader on Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:22 pm

How many point does it take to inncrease base stats like strength?

Post by Elit3Fla5h on Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:25 pm

I think we can only increase them through skills after character creation.

Post by LokiLeader on Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:48 am

Great... that means the character I wanna play would be a stat duplicate of yours. that's no fun... and Blaize, why is Evilness the magic based thingy?

Post by Elit3Fla5h on Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:37 pm

Post by Ippy on Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:01 pm

It would appear there is some connection between ‘magic power’ and ‘evil,’ whatever the hell those two things mean.

Lord Aeric von Wadenhyl
    Male 5'10" 121lb
    Bald, Platinum Eyes
    37 years old
    Pallid, leathery, strewn skin, rotted rags for clothing, bits of flesh missing, and severe malnutrition.

Blood 325/500 (115%)
    HP 110/110
    AP 0

0 Strength 0
    0 Speed 0
    7 Evilness 8

Specialization: Defile 1
    Abilities: Avarice, Blight Magic 1, Dead Flesh
    Spells: Sludgeblood
    Rituals: Unhallowed Ground

Last edited by Ippy on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:43 pm; edited 5 times in total
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h on Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:09 pm

your guy is an evil bastard.

Post by Rock'emSock'emRabbi on Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:16 pm

Les Zephyrus
    Male 6'2" 182lb
    Long White Hair, Blue Eyes
    24 years old
    Decently dressed in loose cloth, pale skin, wears glasses, insanely sexy deep voice, lacks in common sense but makes up for it in intelligence(sometimes)

Blood 0/500 (50%)
    HP 100/100
    AP 25

0 Strength 0
    5 Speed 2.5
    0 Evilness 0

Abilities: Suduction

Last edited by Rock'emSock'emRabbi on Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h on Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:34 pm

And your guy is a fast and sexy Bastard.

Post by LokiLeader on Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:19 pm

Eathan. Is your character an evil vampire? like his actions?

Post by Elit3Fla5h on Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:34 pm

Naw, if he was I would have put at least one into evil because of the whole classification thing.

Post by Rock'emSock'emRabbi on Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:04 pm

Do we start out with any money?
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h on Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:36 pm

The entire thing has a free form feel to it so I think starting money is up to you and your character background.

Post by LokiLeader on Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:51 pm

I wanna make a day walker. Thats trying to make vampires acceptable in society. (this will most likely never happen so long as other players exist... catch my drift?)

Post by Ippy on Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:57 pm

Elite's right, but given your background I'd say you have no money.

@Loki: That's nigh-impossible. Vampires are irreversibly tied to the dark arts, specifically black and demon magic.
    Elit3Fla5h

Post by Elit3Fla5h on Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:03 pm

Just confirming this, weare free to kill faceless people but specialization kills have to be checked with you, right?

Post by Rock'emSock'emRabbi on Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:10 pm

Question!:

Do we have to bite their neck like stereotypical vampires?

If the person that be drink from is sick then do we get sick?

Can we turn other people into vampires through biting and not killing?

Does everyone have exactly 100 units of blood? Even the helpless children?

Aids?

Our the fangs exceptionally noticeable?

LokiLeader

Post by LokiLeader on Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:11 pm

I never mean for my character to succeed. I mean for them to follow their aim and most likely die for it. By the way they would be stuck between the attributes of a human and a full vampire, but immune to the weaknesses of Vampires. As well they would need to drink blood and can't use magic. can't use magic either.

Post by Ippy on Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:26 pm

Check special kills with me, and don't drink blood every post. I'll say/do something if your out of hand.

Do we have to bite their neck like stereotypical vampires?
    You just need to drink it. Likely, a main artery.

If the person that be drink from is sick then do we get sick?
    "your immune to most ailments" soo, if you want to get sick, get sick.

Can we turn other people into vampires through biting and not killing?
    see 'infect' ability.

Does everyone have exactly 100 units of blood? Even the helpless children?
    Yes, units of blood are not precisely the quantity of the blood. What you feed off is the magic stored in the blood, and that doesn't change with age (though it does vary day to day, person to person, but that's just tedious so I average it at 100).

Our the fangs exceptionally noticeable?
    If you want them to be.

@Loki: PM me EXACTLY what you mean. The definition of vampire is strict in this game.
    Rock'emSock'emRabbi

Post by Rock'emSock'emRabbi on Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:56 pm

Through stupid logic i have concluded that i am Vampire Jesus.

I have won your game Blaize.

Fear me

Question:

Am i trained in the medicinal arts?

Can i not be evil... just very stupid?

When we suck blood does it leave a mark? like fangs?

Are they taking the hobbits to Isengard?

Do people know when they have had their blood sucked by a vampire?

Can we not enter dwellings without the owners permission?

Can we cross running water?

Can i be terribly sorry if i missed any answers of theses question in your handout?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:08 am