Unlimited

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Belters IC

LokiLeader
    LokiLeader

Belters IC Empty Belters IC

Post by LokiLeader Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:14 pm

(You are expected to basically create your own interactions with NPCs much like the Vampire Forum thingy. Any character on the ship with a generic name, such as John Johnson, Generica Borington, and Chico Ordinario, are completely up for you to invent and play with. There will soon be a list on the OOC. Anycharacter with a fancy name and backstory is left to my discretion unless stated otherwise.)

Day 0. 
    The crew hasn't met yet, at least for the most part. No one is scheduled to meet at the shipyards until the evening but its safe to assume that some of the crew members have already made the ship home.
    The ship is docked in one of the better ports on Eros. The station is a place of disrepair that is held together only by the ingenuity of its mechanics. Here, the Belter Independence movement is rather strong with constant local assemblies of people speaking for a united belt. Its is relatively violent on the station as poverty levels are high and resources like water are a bit scarce. Currently there is a rationing of water supply, allowing people to only take a two minute shower every other day and to only drink just barely at the recommended amount.
    Ethan:

Nailo:

Ippy:

Last edited by LokiLeader on Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Elit3Fla5h
    Elit3Fla5h

Belters IC Empty Re: Belters IC

Post by Elit3Fla5h Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:53 pm

I turn back to the data chip and sandwich on the table and gave them both a disapproving frown. They both would leave a bad taste in my mouth but I was unfortunately in a position where I had to take what I could get. 

I uncrossed my arms and reached a hand into my many pocketed gray-blue jacket and pulled out my beat up datapad. The chip made a satisfying "click" sound when I inserted it and I watched as the black screen began to fill up with words, figures and, numbers. The amount of mined materials required was thankfully less than I had expected for how much the job was paying; but then again seeing as we were essential stealing  these resources from Tehnsahn I could understand why. 

With a scowl turned off my data pad and pinched the bridge of my nose. The only jobs that ever seemed to come lately for a crew and ship my size were shady ones like these. It irked me greatly but I was used to the feeling by now, most Belters were I supposed. The choice was simple for us; work an honest job that made just enough to barely scrape by or submerge yourself in the crime rings that profited off other humans suffering. I disliked both choices which was the reason why I had purchased the Valor and struck out into the black as an independent with the hopes of an honest job and decent pay; but instead of having both I was now somewhere in the middle.

I let out a small sigh through my nose and bit into the sandwich. It wasn’t bad or good, tasteless really. The only thing I disliked (like always) about it was the synthetic meat.
    It left a bad taste in my mouth.

I sat on a box in front of my ship with a map of the belt displayed on my datapad. Boxes of supplies rattled up and down the cargo ramp of the Valor and idle banter could be heard as my crew worked .
    Nailo41
    Nailo41

Post by Nailo41 Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:38 pm

As the woman leaves a look of concern crosses my face.
    Who was that woman and was she speaking English? I think that was English at least... As my thoughts begin to trail off I catch the engine in the corner of my eye. I go up to it and begin running my fingers down one side of it, touching it ever so gently. As I start checking each and every piece of this beauty I remember the strange woman was messing with the terminal. I go look outside the door and seeing nobody around I close it. I move my way to the terminal and begin to discern what Shehba did with it, at least I think that might be her name. After about 30 seconds of staring at the monitor my brain starts to malfunction. I've never been good with computers. Hoping that Shehba didn't do anything wrong I just run my own systems check on the engine. Piece by piece I take my time scanning it. Sometimes I start to remove smaller pieces from the engine just to take a look inside and see how it works, but before i get to carried away I put it back together. 
    After a few hours of messing with it I feel satisfied that it's in good condition. I use my allotted two minutes of shower time to get a quick rinse off and then head back into town.  I go purchase a Folding chair and a blanket, I'll let someone else have a cot. I also go to the general store and grab a thank you gift for the captain. I head back to the ship finding the vessel pretty empty, doesn't even look like the captain is around yet. I can't really blame him for enjoying what little time he's not working to be away. I find the captain's quarters and to my shock they're unlocked. I let myself in, place the wrapped package on his desk and lock the door on my way out. Better safe then sorry. I go set up my chair in the engine room call it an early night.

Package in captains quarters
    1 bottle of whiskey
    1 handwritten card that says "Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your crew. I will work my hardest to earn the spot you have given me. I hope you enjoy the gift, it has always been my father's favorite." -PEDRO
    Ippy
    Ippy
    Admin

Post by Ippy Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:49 pm

Dock H of the Eros starports, amongst others, had been raised on an expanse of rock well away from stationside.  The distance allowed it to harbor larger ships, like the Valor, but left the dock with a mimimalistic design.  Rather than transport high volumes of material, constructors had elected to tether walkways straight off the support beams bored into the asteroid.  Foot and forklift traffic was accompanied by the clangor of loose metal plates, and glimpses of asteroid clay were common between displaced seams.  The outside feel and advance notice of approaching goons made dock H a favorite home for the homeless.

During times like these, when corporations bought out the dock to ground their ships, the regular residents of dock H were given enough work ferrying crates and steel to sleep at the brothels.  As the happiest event of the year, dockhands dutifully hefted around sealed-and-passcoded supplies while crewhands acclimated themselves with the furnishings and neighbors that would occupy the next segment of their lives.  Swan's eyes began sifting crew from workers from working crew.  He immediately noted one of the crew possessed what must be a belt-born mutation ballooning her breasts to a size beyond what the human skeleton could reasonably heave about in Earth gravity.  Swan's job, as he understood it, was to kill for this mutant breast beast, and to ensure she took no more than her fair share of coffee beans from the Valor's mess hall cabinets.

Amongst the visible crew there were no individuals standing about with datapads or hand terminals at the forefront, directing other individuals where to go.  The closest such was a clean and well-bearded man, starring at a map he gave the impression of having already memorized.  His figure was much the man's who's opinion of another man would be well respected, specifically in the written medium of a recommendation letter.  Swan pulled his backpack straps to an even order,  re-locked his rifle hostler, and made first contact with his captain.

*insert yet-held IM convo here*

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content